Monday, May 7, 2012

Baptism Blessings

Hi my crafty friends!  Today at Bitten by the Bug 2 our talented hostess Melissa asked us to make a layout using any frame from any cartridge.  I got inspiration from our youngest grand daughter's baptism.  I wanted to use the eyelet frame (just reminds me of babies for some reason!) from Elegant Edges, lamb from Paper Doll Dress Up, my journaling box is from Lacy Labels and the cross is from Indie Art. I did a double layout and the titled and dad holding baby from Inspired Hearts as well for the second page.  I used pearly paper from DCVW and some metalic paper from DCVW.  My white paper is just plain white from Hobby Lobby and my white shimmery paper is from Hobby Lobby as well, these are just 8.50" x 11" but were perfect for my cuts.  I used a Martha Steward punch around the page for my border.  For my frame cut I distressed it with some Tim Holtz antique linen and worn lipstick.  I was trying to make the lace look old, worn and passed down from the generations. Didn't quite acheive that but looks ok. lol  For my lambs I scraplifted a cool effect from my good friend Suzanne.  She used liquid pearls and swirled them around on some lambs she did.  I loved it so much so I did that to my lambs as well!  Really looks awesome!  Overall I am pretty pleased with how this layout turned out although it wasn't easy to photograph because of all the shimmery paper.  I hope it inspires you to get your craft on and join us at BBTB2!!







19 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Brenda, this is just precious! The frame you chose is just perfect for your sweet grand daughter. Lovely layout all around. xxD

Sandi said...

Brenda this is lovely, sweet, sweet, sweet, I love the treatment on the lambs. Hugs

Jayne said...

Beautiful layout Brenda and gorgeous photo.Love the frame you used and great effect on the lambs.
Jayne x

Jeri said...

Brenda, what a beautiful and inspiring layout. This is my first opportunity to visit your blog and welcome you to the BBTB2 family. Hubby and I have been on the road traveling (and living) in our RV. We're settled for the summer now in Michigan where we'll get to see kids and grandkids. I agree with you, it is the best being a grandma. I enjoyed looking through your blog, it is very inspiring. Also, happy to hear that your kidney problems are resolved and your getting back on your feet.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is adorable. What a beautiful baby too. Pretty frame and I love those little sheep. Glad to be a part of this group.
Stephanie

TerriK said...

Beautiful layouts, Brenda. I love all cuts you used. The sheep are so cute.

Carole Beath said...

Brenda, welcome welcome to BBTB2 and your first post as a design team member. Your layout is just absolutely wonderful.
Hugs
Carole

Shawnee said...

This is soo beautiful. Leah is adorable!! I love that you used the lamb technique that Suzanne used.

magicwanda said...

Hi Brenda, this is so beautiful...
I love the softness of it.
I am glad to hear you are on the mend and I will pray for you girlfriend. Big Hugs

Tangle said...

This is so darling! I love your unbelievably cute little sheepies and the beautiful photo!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such pretty layouts Brenda. Love the soft colors and the gorgeous frame. I love that you used the sheep. They came out so awesome. Such a wonderful memory. The bordered edge is so perfect for a baby layout.

GiuliaG. said...

How precious, sweet and adorable your layout is!!!!

Glenda said...

Such a sweet and adorable layout of your precious granddaughter! She is beautiful! Love the frame you used and the MS punch is a perfect embellishing touch!
Glenda

Unknown said...

A beautiful baby and a beautiful layout...♥

Susan Edwards said...

Brenda this is such a pretty layout - for such a beautiful little girl!!! Welcome to the team and awesome job on your first challenge project!!!

Susan

The Queen (Laura) said...

So pretty Brenda! You did an amazing job. I love the little lamb! Leah is beautiful.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Brenda what a beautiful layout! The colours are so pretty and I love all the gorgeous detail especialy the little sheep and your little granddaughter Leah is adorable!
hugs
Juliex

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Brenda

such a beautiful project, That little Lamb is the sweetest....

HUGS
Penny

shelly said...

hi brenda welcome to the team :) your layout is really pretty such softness for such a special occasion :)