Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day card for my Daughter-in-laws

Hi my crafty friends, hope you are all doing well today!  I am looking forward to the weekend as I am sure you all are too.  I have a couple cards that I made for my DIL's for Mother's Day.  I did an A2 wide card that Sheila from She's a Sassy Lady did.  I think they turned out cute but I do have mistakes in them so I will be trying this again sometime soon. lol  I used Sheila's directions, A Childs Year and George and Basic Shapes Cricut carts.  I also use a Tim Holtz rosette die, Martha Steward punch, some buttons (Paper Trey Ink), pearls (SU) and twine (The Twinery).  I inked everything with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink. The "barn" star I made by punching a star out with a Creative Memories punch and then scoring each star point down the whole way.  I then pinched the star tips to make it look like the barn stars you see all over the place. The inside I used some old stickers I had in my stash and a Paper Trey Ink stamp set.  Thanks for looking, I love reading your comments!!  I am going to enter these cards in the following challenges:
My Sassy Lady-Gypsy Made Simple Wide Partial Shape Cards
SOUS-In celebrations of mothers
Fantabulous Cricut-#110 Mother's day challenge




14 comments:

Julie said...

So pretty! Your daughter-n-lawa are going to love them!!
Hugs, Julie

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

These are adorable Brenda. Love the rosettes and adorable stars. The soft colors with the inking look amazing. Lovely creations my friend.

The Queen (Laura) said...

These are wonderful!Your DIL's will love them. I love the rosettes. Great job my friend! queenpunki at aol dot com (Please email me :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Brenda!
I am glad you got to share this with us at
Stuck on U! Awesome!
These are really cute and love the colors...
But what I love the very most is that you thought
of the DIL's to give these! Now that is sweet!

~Leah

TerriK said...

Your cards are adorable, Brenda. I love the soft colors and rosettes. The barn stars are cute!

Cindy Beland said...

OMG GORGEOUS job with your Mother's day card!BEAUTIFUL job with all the great details,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!

magicwanda said...

Wow Brenda....
I love it, love the colors and the cut you used great inking too!
Thanks for playing along with us @ SOUS

Tammy E. said...

How sweet of you to make these cards for your daughters-in-law. Very pretty. Love the rosette! Thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS!

annette said...

these cards are beautiful, love the colours thanx for playing on SOUS X:)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love this@ And the barn star on top of the rosette .. love that idea!

LeslieRoseK said...

These are really nice Brenda. You do such great work. I love the flower pot too. Those flowers are beautiful.
Thanks for taking time to share them with us.

Sandi said...

these are great, hugs

Tracey said...

Love the design of your cards, the rosette looks very pretty:) Thanks for joining us at SOUS:)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an awesome card, love the color combo and the rosette. Thanks for playing along and sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady.