Saturday, January 15, 2022

Christmas Gifts Makes

Hello my crafty friends, it's been a while I know! November and December were really busy months for me as I'm sure it was for you too. I had a wedding in November besides the holiday, took a girls trip to Myrtle Beach in early December and was working on all my Christmas gifts that I wanted to make. That and taking care of the three pups. That will be ending soon though as Bret is moving out on Feb. 1st. He bought a starter home! Ready for him to have his own space so I can have my house back. lol But will miss him like crazy.

This is going to be picture heavy as I'm sharing all the things I made for Christmas. I still didn't get all done that I wanted to, but it's a new year, so more makes will be happening. lol Ok, here we go:

This was the wedding gift I made. The gal wasn't taking her husband's last name, so this is what I came up with. Was inspired by Pinterest. Done with vinyl. 

This wood round was made using sand from the Outer Banks as well as the shells that I picked up except for one. No vinyl on this one, it was stenciled on after cutting out with my Cricut. A gift for my SIL and she loved it! 

This wood round was made with vinyl. 


Same with this sign, done with vinyl. It's not straight either! The red vinyl was a shimmery/glittery red and would not stick to the transfer tape I had, so had to place each letter down. The white I could pick up with transfer tape, so it is straight, even though it doesn't look it. 


A little chalk board sled that I put a count down to Christmas on in vinyl. 


Another sign with vinyl. 

Again, done with vinyl.


Scrapbook paper, and vinyl.


Mugs done with sublimation, this one I wasn't thinking and should have used a shadow around the letter. But the person loved it anyway and used it when I hosted them over Christmas. 

The golf and wrestling mugs were for my nephews, I put cash and hot cocoa packets in them. They were amazed at their mugs and loved them! I'm sure they loved the cash too. lol 


A candle I spruced up.

Pillow covers I made. These next two don't have the pillow inserts as she already has pillows inserts from other pillows covers I made her and gave them with the pillows. Now she can just change them out. 







A beer mug my brother asked me to make for his fantasy football winner. 


An apron I made for my brother, he grills delicious chicken and while grillin', he is chillin' and always refillin' his beer! lol He loved this. He keeps telling me I'm missing the boat and need to make an etsy shop to sell my crafts. Just not interested in doing that! I have two more aprons I want to do, they are plaids though. Just ran out of time, so will make them for this year.


Lastly, this little cutie was an experiment and stayed with me. I wanted to make more of these, but was trying my hand with this one first. Never got anymore made, but will in the future. Faux whipped cream topper on a mug with vinyl. The whipped topper is separate, so can be packed away separate from the mug.  Mug not for drinking out of though because the vinyl is around the rim and vinyl isn't food safe. Just for décor purposes.


I think that is everything. I think....Hard to say as sometimes I forget to take photo's of this stuff when I'm done making it! But you get the gist. I have not been commenting as I've not been on the computer much. Hopefully I will get back to doing that and back into blogging, although it will probably be sporadic with Bret moving and then me being able to work on my crafty room since it will only be Savannah and myself. So looking forward to that!!!! But still, I hope to be around some! 

If you have stuck with me this long, thank you! I appreciate you all so much and am looking forward to this new year. Which I hope I will be able to do more crafty stuff, cardmaking and scrapbooking since I don't have to worry about what Kahlua is getting into and can actually use my craft room once again. Thank you too for all your lovely comments, they always brighten my day!  

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Cricut machines
vinyl from many stores/online
Dollar Tree signs remade
Wood Rounds from Amazon
Wood Slices from Amazon
Rope from Dollar Tree
Light Weight Spackle from Amazon
Cricut Mugs-Sublimation
Dollar Tree Mug-Faux Whipped Cream mug
Dollar General for the little sled
Apron from Amazon
Floral/greenery from Dollar Tree/JoAnn/Potpourri 
Cricut Infusible Ink Sublimation paper-mugs and pillow covers
Iron on Vinyl from many stores/online
Wood Beads from Amazon




18 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, I just wrote you an email and then decided to check your blog and here you posted again! LOL Everything you made is just sensational!! You are so talented and make some of the most unique gifts I've ever seen! I just love all those mugs, pillows, the apron - the wedding gifts - just EVERYTHING! I'm glad you've been busy and doing well. Good luck to Bret, it's going to get awfully quiet in your house once he moves, but I hope he has a wonderful new home to get settled in and now you'll be able to visit! I'm glad you're well and keeping busy, and I look forward to hearing from you whenever you find the time! Sending warm hugs - you're gonna need them tonight! Brrrr!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! You were for sure busy with all these AMAZING gifts! I love them all! Great job, my friend! The last photo of the hot chocolate mug with whipped cream sure brought a smile to my face! SO cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

Bonnie said...

What a lot of fun gifts, Brenda! I especially love how you did the first one and a great solution to the name thing! Looks like you made a lot of people happy at Christmas!

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh! What amazing work with your Cricut, brilliant ideas and fun gifts! You have been busy there. I think we’d all like to watch your process! You do have an amazing creative imagination as far as designs go too! Wow, FUN gifts!

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, I've been thinking of you! Now I can see full well what's kept you busy - and how wonderful your busy looks compared to mine!
Every gift is a charmer - but that wedding gift is my favorite of them all. Okay - your brother's apron is second favorite - so fun!
I'll be expecting to see you a little bit more soon and really look forward to it!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Brenda, you made some stunning, personal Christmas gifts and I'm sure they were loved. There is nothing like getting a gift made just for you and you nailed it. I'm sure you will miss Bret but it's nice to have your house back, especially the craft room. I hope you don't get any of the ice and snow from Izzy.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sooooo good to see your projects and WOW WOW WOW what amazing creations they are, your brother is right, you makes would be a goldmine for you I'm sure. However I also understand your views, it then becomes a chore not enjoyment, although they are ALL fabulous, from your Wedding present, clever! and the other other wall hangings, mugs, candle jar, and pillow covers, then the glass etched, the aprons, snow topped mug decoration with the fun face. WOW!
Good to hear Bret has branched out on an adventure. You will surely miss him, but a place of your OWN? Great. I look forward to seeing your new makes.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

nancy littrell said...

Wow Brenda...You are so amazingly talented and I bet your family and friends can't wait each year to see what gifts you make them...with so much Love! I enjoyed admiring every single gift. Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs...and enjoy making more gifts for 2022:-) Nancy

Marilyn said...

Awesome projects! I have not been blogging neither! Just haven’t had the time even though I have been making cards. Hope to get back to it soon.
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Mac Mable said...

What an amazing post and thank you for sharing all these fabulous, unique and thoughtful gifts Brenda x. Enjoy being in your craft room and I shall look forward to seeing more of your stunning creativity x.

Sue said...

Wow Brenda you have been busy and all of them such fabulous makes! They are truly gorgeous lots of hugs Sue x

Irish Cherokee said...

Holy Shamoly you were really busy.👌 Not to worry about the comments. You had quality time keeping busy on the crafts. I am impressed. You filled your time up with worthy things. Nice to have you stop by for sure.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Inkyfingers said...

I'm just catching up after Christmas, Brenda and I'm in awe at all the wonderful gifts you made for friends and family. They are just beautiful and I'm sure they will be cherished as being all the more special because of the time and love you put into them.
So Brett is finally branching out! I wish him lots of luck in his new home and although you will miss him, having your craft room back is quite a bonus lol!!!
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful post Brenda, and you really have been busy - yes, you will be in two minds for a bit with Bret and dog(s) gone, but loving the freedom of being able to use your craft room again.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

I agree with all the comments above...and especially the ones that said "WOW! because was my first thoughts. that's a lot of gifts and all done so creatively. Amazintg work!

Loll said...

WOW! You've been so busy, Brenda! I'm just amazed at all the amazing crafts you made for Christmas. Each one is so creative and unique. Great work!! I hope Bret's move goes smoothly and that you'll enjoy having a quieter house with just you and Savannah. xx

Darnell said...

Lovely to see you on the blog, Brenda, and hear about what you've been up to during the holidays. Your photos are fantastic! I happen to agree with your brother about opening a store, but I get it if you don't want to bother with that. You've certainly been very generous and made a lot of folks happy with your awesome gifts! I kept thinking which one I loved best, and then I changed my mind as I scrolled down, lol. (But I have to say that funny apron might have the edge!)

Keep checking in now and then and I wish you happy times in your new craft room when it's just you and Savannah, although I know you will miss Bret terribly. Congratulations to him on buying his starter home. They grow up so fast, don't they?! Love and hugs, Auntie

Liz said...

What a busy bee you’ve been, Brenda! So many beautiful, personalised gifts, which I’m sure will be treasured.
Good luck to Bret in his new home. xx