Thursday, May 10, 2018

Graduation Time!

Hello my crafty friends, I know I haven't been around in a long time again. Lots of mowing to do, a long funk, a combined 90th and 80th birthday party and now shingles. Yes, shingles. Thought I was to young for them but apparently not! Very painful, but I am doing well with them now. And Saturday is the big day for Bret-graduation! So I have his card to share (among other crafty things), which is totally CASED from Pinterest as is the saying on the inside of it. It said the things I wanted too but more elegantly. lol I used my Cricut Explore of course with other supplies. As always the recipes will be at the bottom of this post.




The next card was for my late husband's uncle. His 90th and his sister's 80th birthday are this month and so the family had a party for them both. The first card is "his" card and is totally CASED from Pinterest too, but I can't find the card again to give credit for it. If I ever run across it again, I will put a link in this post. The inside is my idea. The second card is "her" card. I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the 80th card. 





This is a framed shadow box that I made for the Pink Out. I saw one in AC Moore and decided to CAS it too. I'm good at coping! lol But have another one in the works that is all my own idea but using the same design. As you can hopefully see the pattern paper is set lower than the white "love" so that it has depth. 





I have more to share, but will wait for another day as I need to go mow.....again. And then tomorrow late afternoon I'm heading up to Bret's school for graduation on Saturday. So exciting!

As always thank you for sticking by me when I'm never here and haven't been commenting much either. Part is my fault and part is not getting my notifications. But still, I'm sorry for not getting around. I hope to get into more of a routine, but who knows when that will happen. Bret and I will have to get into a routine once he is home to stay and I think he plans on moving out once he gets money saved up. So hard to say what will be around here. So bare with me please. 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Grad card:
Cricut Explore and Design Space: Just search for a compass and a grad hat. Compass was a print and I attached it to my card stock layer. The grad hat I cut and layered. Colors are Bret's college school colors.
Typed my sentiment out and attached it to the card stock layer and print and cut it along with the compass.
AliExpress Die for the world
The inside was typed and attached and printed and cut on the card stock base.

90th and 80th card:
The eyes and nose is a stamp set from Cardz TV Stamps. I used the  nose to ink up  only for the mouth and colored it in. I added the "eyebrows" with a marker.
Circle Dies to trace around for the circle of the face.
Once again, I typed out the sentiment and printed and cut the card stock layer.
Inside sentiment was a Fiscar stamp set and the number dies are a My Creative Time Dies.
For the 80th card, the quilt die is a Gina Marie die. Papers from my stash.
Candle is from a My Favorite Things Stamp and Die set as is the sentiment.
Number Dies again are from My Creative Time Dies.

Frame Shadowbox:
Picked out the font I wanted to use and cut out the Love in chipboard and then cut it out again in white to put over the chipboard.
Picked my font again and cut it out of vinyl and placed it the "love" part.
Birds from Cricut Design Space cut in vinyl
Printed and cut my designer paper for behind the "love" and placed everything back in the frame. The digital paper is from Nitwit Collections.





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, brenda, you've been busy creating some beautiful projects! congrats to your son! i LOVE the glitter numbers on the birthday cards, such milestones to celebrate! and the shadow box paper is so pretty! hope you're feeling better. some of us can't get the vaccine due to conflicting meds. :/

jimlynn said...

ALL are fabulous!!! I love the one for Bret and know how proud you are of him. I'm sure there will be a very special angel in heaven smiling down all weekend long too. They're all such special cards you've created!
Hang in there on those shingles and get better quick.
Lynn

Lisa said...

First of all, huge congratulations to Bret!! What a wonderful accomplishment and I know your hubby will be beaming with pride in Heaven!! All of your projects are amazing!! I love the cards and the amazing shadowbox!! So beautiful, my friend!! I hope the shingles go away, soon. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anita in France said...

First things first, Brenda ... hope it won't be long before you're en forme again (shingles is just horrible, had it years ago, it strikes at any age) ... second, great to see you ... and third, congratulations to Brett on his graduation. Can it really be so long since you were first sending him off to college ... eek! Your card for him is fabulous ... cool and manly ... and the message is just beautiful ... from you and from Dwayne looking down from heaven. Fun milestone birthday cards for those family parties ... they'll go down a treat! Love your shadow frame ... it's fresh, pretty and if a picture can be CAS, it's deliciously that too! Have a wonderful weekend ... enjoy being proud of your son! Hugs, Anita :)

Carol L said...

What a wonderful array of cards! I just love Bret's graduation card, including the sentiment inside. It's very touching and Bret will hopefully carry those words of wisdom with him throughout his life. The birthday cards are sensational and I love the Chili Davis quote! Oddly enough, years ago while we were at a Phillies game at Vet Stadium, my son caught a ball tossed up into the stands during practice. It was thrown by none other than Chili Davis :) My son still has that baseball to this day :)
So sorry about the shingles - I hear they are quite painful, but hopefully they will soon subside and allow you to enjoy all the blessings of this combination graduation/mother's day weekend festivities. At least you shouldn't have to be mowing in the rain! Sending (hugs) and big congrats on Bret's graduation!

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful shadowbox, Brenda! I just purchased the big alphas from Altenew - think I'm going to be CASEing YOU!
Each and every card is a charm ... but you brought me to tears with Bret's card message - congratulations to you BOTH, Brenda!
Please take care of your wonderful self!
=]

Sylvia said...

Beautiful creations,Brenda.The first card is my favorite.Love the sentiment too.Have a nice weekend.

Gr,Sylvia.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brets card is just wonderful, so are the 80 and 90 year olds, they will ALL be thrilled with them, as for casing them, it does take the pressure off sometimes, I'm sure everyone does the same thing, I have been know to do it too LOL.
Take care.
Faith
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
lovely to see you blogging again even if you are suffering at the mo.
I do so hope you are feeling a little better to enjoy the celebrations on Saturday.
Such a super card and your inside wording is just the best and so beautifully said.
Such great milestone Birthdays and cards too.
Love them both.
Your shadow box is awesome and so wonderfully created.
Lots of crafty love, and gentle hugs. Jenny L.

Bonnie said...

Wow! Congratulations to Bret! I can't believe he's graduating already! I wish him all the best. And your card is beautiful! The sentiment inside is perfect and excellent advice. Love the birthday cards too! Especially the 90th. The shadow box is lovely too! Good luck keeping up with the mowing. Hope those shingles are gone soon too.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi dear sweet Brenda well you’re doing very well to be blogging with all that is gorgeous jig on. I’ve been bad and not blogged much.

Shingles are so painful no fun at all, and my sister had them after the birth of her third child in her twenties so you’re not too young. It is more related to chicken pox than ages as it’s cause by same disease that causes chicken pox.

Praise God for your wonderful son be Bret to lift and cheer your heart so, how good God is to give your heart a lift with such a dear lad! A huge congratulations !!

..... and I believe if your read Hebrews 12:1 which speaks of those who have gone before in faith (mentioned by name or deed) in the faith chapter Hebrews 11 that those who’ve died in Jesus do watch on.. the verse begins with “Wherefore seeing we are encompassed about with such a great cloud of witnesses, let us run the race set before us with patience.. “ dear hubby is among that great cloud of witnesses cheering on dear Brett, and your dear self too ... believing this by faith in our Lord Jesus.
Prayer hugs sis... keep looking up it’s only mud underneath.
Shaz in Oz.x

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards and shadow box Brenda - I hear you about the general funk(s) - I am battling one today (it's the 'first' anniversary of DH's funeral). It's amazing how much time things take when there is just one of you I have found!
It's difficult sometimes, and exhausting when there are other reminders such as birthday's you have to attend on your own. Hang in there - it must surely get better!
Blessings
Maxine

Marilyn said...

Congrats to your son Bret on his graduation!! His father is looking down on him and saying how proud he is also. Beautiful card and sentiment. Love your milestone cards!! Sorry to hear you have shingles. Hope you get better soon.
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. What a treat popping into your blog post. Wonderful graduation card, you must be so proud? Such a fun 90th card and loving the geometric design and pretty papers on the 80th. Great depth on the shadow box and so very pretty. Very creative ideas, great sentiments and fabulous creations x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....get well soon from that horrible shingles x

Darnell said...

Great to see you whenever you get the chance to stop into Blogland, Brenda! I am so sorry to hear that you got shingles and I hope they are all gone soon. Kevin had them in his 40s which is very unusual, but he has never had them since so hopefully you will never get them again either!

I love your card for Bret, both outside and in! I can't believe the time has come for his graduation already! I know sometimes it seemed like it would never get here for you, but other times it flew by. Please give him my congratulations and my best wishes whatever his future holds! I know you are so proud!

Thank you for sharing your amusing 90th card and your beautiful 80th card! What milestones!! And your wall art is so so lovely! I can clearly see the dimension!

Be safe on the road and enjoy every minute of the ceremony and celebrating! You know Dwayne is watching with pride! Happy Mother's Day! Hugs and love, Auntie

Loll said...

Good to see that you've found some crafty time to play, Brenda. Beautiful makes!! Congrats to Bret on his graduation. Life goes by so quickly, doesn't it?? It will be nice to have him home again.

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with shingles. That is awful! It's good that it's starting to get better for you. Hope they are gone soon. Take care! xx

Brenda in IN said...

I hate that you have shingles. They should only be on the roof not on people. I hope you are doing better by now. Congratulations to Bret. Great card and the verse is a good one. I'm glad he will be around for a while and help you over the summer. Your cards are perfect for your family birthdays. That shadow box is so pretty and you will have to post the next one you make too.

MaryH said...

So good to see a post from you - and WOW on all these wonderful cards. Really like the one you did for Bret. It was just perfect and I liked the inside. Good job on the birthday cards, and the Ruby sparkle on the 90 really set it off. Both are just cute as can be. Of course I loved the quilt card, and the love shadow box, another big WOW! Hate to hear you've had shingles. Just FYI, you can get those at ANY age, or so I've been told. Might want to look into getting the shot...you can get it after you've had the rash too. TFS & big hugs. Congrats to Bret as well.

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Brenda! Two beautiful birthday cards and I especially love the graduation card, what a lovely message inside. Congratulations to Bret! I love your shadow box too, so pretty.

Hope you've recovered from your bout of shingles. xx

scrappymo! said...

Great cards and I love that shadow box frame...so beautiful!

scrappymo! said...

me again...hit enter too soon. The grad card is fantastic! The sentiment was so wonderful too! Take care with those shingles. I had a a couple months ago and it is painful.