Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Bells Will Be Ringing


Good golly Miss Molly, it's been over a month since I've posted!!! Hi my crafty friends, did you miss me? lol It's been crazy around here, lots of rain, lots of mowing and other chores. Drove 2 1/2 hours up to my son's college on May 5th, left a little after 8 am with Savannah in tow driving in pouring down rain. Got up there and then got to work. I had no idea how many clothes my son had or how many shoes! Let me just say he doesn't need any clothes!!!! And shoes, he is worse than a woman. He had 40 pairs of shoes!!! Yes, you read that right! The kid was shopping all year I guess cause he didn't leave with that many. lol So I packed all his clothing and a huge long tub and it couldn't hold all his clothing. I'm serious! Had to put the rest in his big duffel bag and that was stuffed. That wasn't including his dress button up shirts, they went in another tub with his suit! He and a friend took some stuff to storage, took a couple of trips. While they were doing that, I was cleaning upstairs-vacuuming, dusting blinds, sills and baseboards. It was bitter sweet cleaning his late roommate's room. I cried a little and talked to him a little. Next I did Bret's room.Then got started down stairs. Cleaned in the kitchen-the stove, fridge, washer, dryer, cabinets, etc. Then washed up the floor. Bret came back and cleaned the bathroom and washed that floor. All was left to clean was the living room. So while he loaded stuff up in my car and his truck, I dusted blinds, sills and baseboards and then vacuumed. 8:30 pm we were out of there and boy were we tired!!! Another 2 1/2 hour drive home, no rain on the way home thankfully and we finally got home. We just brought the cold and frozen food in and threw in the basement fridge and freezer and hit the bed! Savannah did really well, that was her longest trip away, so I was happy that she did so well. Not in any routine yet, as so much as been going on here. Had to buy a new mower. Bret and my step father got it yesterday early evening, so Bret mowed til dark on a high setting-and it was a hay field too!!! Then he turned around and mowed again tonight. I did a little bit. I have to learn this new mower as it is a zero turn mower. It's gonna take me a while, but I did ok, not great, but not bad either. Of course my son was laughing at me. lol

Ok enough chatter, I do have a card. Last month, I wanted to play along with Rudolph Day, but my editing program-a free one-wasn't working. New computer remember. lol So I couldn't edit my photos. So had Bret look at it finally and all I had to do was sign in. Duh to me!!! Now it is completely different and I don't know how to add my watermark. Sigh Anyway, I did make my cards but didn't post. But I did do them! Not much card making going on right now as I am working on a recipe mini album for a gift. So here is my card and sorry I don't have the names of the supplies I used with me at this time to do the recipe. Just ask if you want to know anything and I will let you know what I used. I made three of these, need more practice with the bells, so might make more of them. Need some different grey's too so need to work on that as well. The stamp company was Sunny Skies or something to that effect. 

And that's it. All I have for now. Not much, but still have so much outside work to do now that Bret is home. Poor kid hasn't even unpacked yet, so he will be doing that the rest of this week in the evening after work. I also have a ton of curtains to hem for my other son and DIL for their house. So got to get on that as well! Not sure how I got so busy so fast! lol 

As always your comments bring sunshine to my day and I appreciate you all so very much! Thanks for stopping by and visiting a spell with me. The rain has stopped and this week has been beautiful. I don't want to go for 6 weekends in a row of rain! Will need to get the pool open soon, to bad it wasn't already open as the rain could have raised the level for me. lol Until next time.....



Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Sunny Studio's Stamps

27 comments:

Veerle said...

Your card is very beautiful Brenda. And yes I did miss you around here.
Hugs Veerle xxx

I Card Everyone said...

My gosh, Brenda, I am now exhausted... ha!! I know Bret will pay you back ... mowing twice is a good start!
I did miss you ... but this little Christmas card is darling, and worth the wait! Hot weather on its way to you... get that pool open, girlfriend!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well! haven't you been a busy gal? It's a wonder you have time for cards and computers LOL. Good to hear from you though. I LOVE your card, it has a real peaceful feel about it. Beautiful colouring too.
Faith
x

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, you've been busy, brenda! sounds like you've had some interesting adventures. :) such a beautiful holiday card! i love how you've split the sentiment; the dimensional jingle bell is fabulous and it would be a great card for mass production.
hugs, linda

Lisa said...

Hello, sweet friend!! You have been missed!! I'm glad you were able to get Bret (and his shoes!!) home safely!! It's rained here so much, I haven't been able to plant any flowers yet. It's supposed to rain again this weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll get them out.

Your card is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty pine bough!! The ornament is fabulous!! So beautiful!! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and you are able to catch up with all that needs to get done!! Happy Wednesday!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

Girl, you've been busy, but I'm glad all that cleaning and working is done and you can relax a little bit. Beautiful card today, and I'm glad you found time to create one and post it. Thank goodness your son figured out what was wrong! TC and have a great week ahead and stay cool! Our a/c died today :( on the hottest day of the year so far yet, sheesh!

Loll said...

First, lovely card. Always great to make multiples to build the Christmas card stash. :)

Wow ... I'm just tired reading all that you're doing. What a busy time for you. So nice to have Bret home. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how busy you have been - makes me feel tired just reading about it Brenda!!
Love your card - it is beautifully balanced and stamped
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a busy time, Brenda! I'm breathless just reading it! :>) I'm glad Bret is home (and all his shoes). Have fun with the new lawn mower and happy birthday! xoxo

The Queen (Laura) said...

Oh my goodness, you have been insanely busy! And yes you've been missed! It's been crazy weather here. We've had wind, rain and snow. I love your card. The bough is pretty and I love the background mat. It's a great start for your Christmas card stash. I hope you are taking time to relax in between.
Hugs,
Laura

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Yep, noticed you weren't around, as get your posts in my inbox it helps too. I remember watching a video with that bell stamp set and totally loved the 3D effect you get with it.
Well done you, sis!!! Yes I've found lately I need to add to my inks too.... funny isn't it? We always think yes that'll be it, then it isn't!! Clever marketers.
You certainly haven't been sitting around twiddling your fingers Brenda, an exhausting series of tasks for you Bret and no doubt your helper Savannah 😉.. praying Gods blessing upon it all.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh my you have been very busy, and it's wonderful to have you posting again.
Your card is gorgeous and wonderful stamped and created.
That bell looks wonderful, and the colour looks super.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marilyn said...

OMG!! You have been busy!! wondered what happened to you and now I know. Your card is beautiful!!

Darnell said...

We've been on vacay or I would have dropped in sooner, Brenda. Now I need to go back to bed after reading what you've been up to, girl! But you do sound happy being busy and doing for others, so I know it's all good! I love your card and am saving it. I bought that set after Christmas last year when I saw JM using it on her blog, but it's still NBUS here! You did a great job with that multi-stamp bell!! Love and hugs, Auntie

Anita in France said...

Goodness, you've been so busy, Brenda ... hardly surprising you've not had time for crafting! Me neither ... I'm just catching up so it's been good to read of your goings on ... and to see your fabulous card ... seems I could just reach out and touch that brilliant bell! Hugs, Anita :)

Inkyfingers said...

Oh my, what a tiring day you had Brenda but I get you had a feeling of satisfaction at all you accomplished, and I bet it is great to have Bret home again. Your card is beautiful and the bell looks so 3 dimensional! You have stamped everything so beautifully!
Good luck with getting the computer software tamed.
Hugs
Carol x

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Gosh .. .. you sound like you have been one very busy lady! I am nearly worn out just reading about it .. .. never mind actually doing all of it!!


Great Christmas card design .. .. and you now have three of them! Yay!!. My Christmas stock box is looking very sorry for itself after starting off with such good intentions.

I am back in blogland for a little while again after quite a break whilst I caught up on all the wedding work!

Hope you are well and not too exhausted.

Love Jules xx

scrappymo! said...

As I read this lovely post, I kept thinking over and over that you are such a great Mum and how proud your late husband must have been of you!
So glad you have Bret back home and hope you get used to that new mower!

scrappymo! said...

Whoops! Forgot to say that your card is so lovely. The stamp is great and the bell is beautiful!

Liz said...

This post has made me tired just reading it! You HAVE been busy!!!

Gorgeous card, I love the simplicity of the design. xx

Marlena M. said...

You are incredible Brenda! You accomplished so much~my word! We haven't opened our pool either and ditto on the rain that could have raised the level if it had been. Our pool cover is filled with tadpoles that are turning into frogs~eek! Your card is wonderful~you are so smart to start on Christmas creations...I should do the same. ;)

Sue said...

Oh wow Brenda I'm totally exhausted just reading this blog LOL!!! your card is wonderful and I hope you get time to breathe and take it easy!!! lots of huggles Sue xx

Caroline said...

Wow, you really have been busy! Your son reminds me of my youngest son. He loves the clothes and the shoes. You are really ahead of the game, with this Christmas Card! I love the sprig of pine and that pretty bell. Nice to hear from you again!

Mia said...

Beautiful card!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! You have been busy Brenda my friend! A great card to come back with! Have a wonderful Sunday! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Misty Elam said...

Hi Brenda!!! Busy, busy!!! We missed you though!! Love your card. I got that set last year but I never got around to using it. This makes me excited to use it this year!! Hope you are doing good!!

Sheila H said...

Hi, Brenda! I know you're delighted to have your son back. You certainly have been a busy bee. Love the Christmas card. Take care!