Monday, April 10, 2017

NBUS Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been making some cards though. Just haven't been in the mood to post and I've been trying to catch up with my commenting, or catching up as best I can. Mowing has begun and that will keep me very busy as well as keeping after the weeds. You know how it goes. I'm hoping Bret will be able to help me out some with it this year. At least the spraying part of it. I really don't mind mowing when I'm up to it. Anyway, I guess I'm saying the posting might be sporadic at best. Ok, I know I haven't posted regularly since Dwayne passed. I'm trying to get there, honest! Plus I've torn my room apart even more, so it is getting harder to get at my supplies. I do have my stamps and a few supplies in the guest bedroom, so that is helping so I can do some cards. I really want to get at my scrapbooking though, but until my room is done, that isn't going to happen! And yes, I've been really slow working on it!!! Sad I know! Savannah has spring fever and insists on going out to play or for a walk, so she is still keeping me busy as well. lol I guess you can tell who is the boss! My elderly lady is doing well and I enjoy her company. She is such a sweetie!! So that is what is going on in my neck of the woods. 

Ok, I wanted to enter Darnell's NBUS and Boo Boo Challenge. I don't have any boo boo's, not because I don't make them but because I forget and don't take pictures of them! I've got to try and remember her April 1st challenge in the future. But I have been slowly chipping away at my mountain of NBUS! I believe I used 7 NBUS's!!! So before the door closes on her challenge, which I believe is tomorrow, I am entering my card(s). As always the recipe will be at the bottom of post and if you want links let me know. I tend to be lazy and don't always put them in. As always thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me, your comments sure do make my day especially when I am feeling extra lonely. Ok here we go!


an encouragement card


 Made several of these for the younger grands.Just thought these bunnies were to cute! Used the same design as I used on my Snowman card. Love these peeking stamps from MayMay Made It!



 Inside of the bunny cards.


 This panel was in the UFO box for a few years, so got it out and stuck it on a card base.


 This stamp was sent to me from Brenda over at Inkspired to Stamp. Thanks Brenda!!! I love it!


 Using the negative from the border from the card above. Oval dies from Momma Mary. Thanks Momma Mary, I am so loving the x stitching on these dies!!!


 Don't these little chicks make you smile?!!! The mat dies came from Momma Mary over at  Carolina Cards. Thanks Momma Mary, I just love these dies!!! 


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Card One:
Altenew Spring Daisy-NBUS!
My Creative Time for the sentiment
Misc. inks and sequins

Card Two and Three:
Maymay Made It Hare Peeking stamp set-NBUS!
My Creative Time Stitched Postage Dies-NBUS!
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Bristol Watercolor Paper

Card Four:
Negative Die Cut from Cricut, can't remember the Cartridge
Cardz TV Easter Blessings for the sentiment
My  Creative Time Stitched Butterflies
Bow-not sure

Card Five and Six:
Stamplorations Dee's Artsy Impressions stamp set-didn't see a name per say on it. From Brenda-NBUS!
Cardz TV Easter Blessings for the sentiment
Gina Marie Scallop Dies
Die-namics X Stitched Oval Dies-NBUS!
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Bristol Watercolor Paper

Card Seven:
Die-namics Rectangular Zig Zag Dies- From Momma Mary, NBUS!
My Creative Time Hello Spring stamps
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Bristol Watercolor Paper





18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, they are all so sweet!! I love the designs of each one!! You did such a gorgeous job on them, my friend!! Don't worry that you don't post regularly...I'm just happy when I see your blog name on my feed!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A truly wonderful collection of cards Brenda my friend! SEVEN NBUS products . . . WOW, Darnell will be proud of you! Those bunnies are just adorable, you Calla Lillies are divine and I LOVE the sentiment on the first card! Great colouring of everything too! Have a great week! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Darnell said...

Holy cow, you have been SO productive, my dear! All that talk of mowing and Savannah and lady-care and then you show us this incredible parade of one gorgeous and/or adorable Easter card after another, each one better than the one before! I love them all! And I love that you are using all that NBUS, especially the generous gifts of NBUS from Brenda and Mary! (You put me to shame. I seriously took some patterned paper and stamped a sediment on it for a lot of my Easter cards! Bad, but at least I used up some pp, lol!) Thank you so much for taking the time to take photos and write this post so you could play in my NBUS Challenge #11! I really appreciate it cuz I know this took you a lot of time!! Happy Easter!! Love you, Auntie

Carol L said...

These are all so stinkin' cute! I especially like those peeking bunnies from all sides of the cards, and of course those dies are fabulous - especially with the pretty plaid papers! Yep, spring (or is it summer?) arrived today and the last place I wanted to be was in front of the computer or at my craft table! We had lunch on the front porch until the bees ruined our afternoon, but we'll probably be sitting outside this evening until it gets dark! Enjoy your week ahead!

Anonymous said...

wow, you have quite a nice selection of cards to show! elegant to fun and cute too! the peeking bunnies are adorable and i love the bright yellow blooms - very spring-y! having RA means i craft and post when i can and right now i'm slower than usual!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh my word these are so very gorgeous.
I love them all as they are all so wonderfully created.
If asked I couldn't say I love one above the other as they are all so very super.
Love abd big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Misty Elam said...

Hi Brenda!! Love your Easter cards!!! Looks like you've been busy!

Bonnie said...

Wow! You have been busy, my friend! I love the pretty yellow flowers that match your blog perfectly! A sweet, uplifting sentiment too! The bunnies are adorable popping out to say hello! The children will be delighted. I know I was. Your calla lilies are beautiful both ways. And those little chicks are adorable especially with the matching paper! Happy Easter!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well for someone so busy outside of 'puter land, you have certainly come up trumps with this set of cards, they are Wonderful, love the dies and the colours and the subjects, everyone of them will be thankkfully recieved I'm sure.
Big Hugs
Faith
x

Loll said...

You have been busy!! Great mix of cards. LOVE the first one with the pretty yellow blooms. And your Easter cards are adorable ... your grands are going to love them.

What a busy time of year for your. Hopefully Bret will be home soon and give you a hand. Take care and sending hugs. Loll

MaryH said...

Way to go with all these beautiful & adorable cards. I love the peeking bunnies and am sure the Grands will too! So cute & love the colors you've used on the backgrounds. That is one lovely Calla image, and you've done it proud with your color work. Looks great on all the cards, negative & positive (yay for you at remembering to die cut properly so you _could_ use the negative. I always mess up on that!) Wonderful to see you able to use the dies as well. Big hugs, TFS & A Very Happy Easter! You blog when you feel in the mood and don't work too hard. We'll be here when you're ready to post! MM (so glad you made the NBUS challenge.)

Tina Campbell said...

OMgosh these are just to darn cute :) Love the negative mat you used on the one card it made for a nice background :) Yes spring fever at our house too :) Were a bit luckier that Buddy is older so not getting around as fast as he used too the perfect speed for us now :)
You and Bret have a fantastic Easter :) Bless you both. Hugs my friend, Tina

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, Brenda ... you sure have been busy with them ... along with everything else that's been going on! The florals are gorgeous ... and the easter bunnies and chicks are just so sweet ... cuteness abounds! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are all totally awesomeness for sure!!! I so love each and every one of them!!!!
The Easter Lilies are so beautiful!!!!

Marlena M. said...

Brenda, your cards are delightful! I really love the lily cards and the others are so sweet! Kudos to you~I don't think I made an official Easter card/it came by so fast! Seeing all the ones you came up with makes me wish I had. I'm so glad you took the time to create and share~

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Mm Brenda I'm totally behind in commenting, I must confess, but thanks for being faithful in popping over to mine.. you are such a blessing. 😊
I love your two "Easter blessings" cards and first NBUS card the best, I'm not into bunnies, but they're cute and love the tartans used on them too.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
❤️ Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

scrappymo! said...

My goodness, brenda. You have made so many wonderful cars.

That bunny theme is great...especially the ones where you have the one hanging over the top and bottom of the card.

I cannot pick a fave as all these cards looks great.

Good wishes sent your way on sorting through your room. I know it is a huge job but will feel good when it is finished.

I think it will take a good while yet to get back into a creative routine. you are still grieving the loss of your husband and dealing with the aftermath. Your son sounds like such a great fellow. I am so glad you have him to help you through this journey. I know he has his own grief to deal with, but he seems so string and supportive of you.

Hugs my friend

Maureen

Inkyfingers said...

Wow Brenda, you have been so productive, even without your room and with all the chores you have been up to. I hope Savannah is better by now and that you've had some help with the garden. Your cards are lovely and I especially like the little chicks card - but then the calla lily card is so elegant> Who am I trying to kid - I couldn't choose a favourite 'cos I like them all.
Take care, my friend.
Hugs
Carol x