Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dear O'l Dad!-My Paper Crafting Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, Happy hump day to you all! Today at My Paper Crafting we are celebrating dear o'l dad!  My card is very simple and basic, but is perfect for that no frills kind of dad. I used the Father's Day Cricut cartridge and welded 2 of the ovals together on my Gypsy to make my card base. Then cut it out of paper from DCWV The Guy Stack.  I used plain black paper to cut out the "happy father's day" layer and dressed it up a little by using my white gel pen and put black pearls on with my Viva Decor pearl pen hopefully to make it look like it was attached with a rivet or something to that effect. That's it. Simple huh?! So see  more inspiration go over to My Paper Crafting and see what my design team sister had made, you will be amazed at the talented projects for dad!! Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for the lovely comments!  Enjoy the rest of your week! 



9 comments:

Tammy said...

Your card is awesome Brenda, I think any dad would enjoy receiving that one. Tfs. Hugs

Sandy Palmer said...

Love all the faux stitching! The bold black really pops on the background paper you have chosen! Great job on it Brenda! :)

MaryH said...

Great Dad's card. Loved the colors & oval shape. Your pen stitching was terrific. (something I can't do well!). Liked the rivets too. Bold, bright, basic and beautiful! TFS & Happy Wednesday. (Got some berries yes'dy...maybe a milk cake shall appear). Hugs

Leslierosek said...

Love it. I like the way the background shows through the letters. Cool stripes.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the cuts and the background paper is perfect my friend. A great shape card.

magicwanda said...

What a cool card Brenda and I love the striped paper with that black it just pops!
Hugs my friend

magicwanda said...

Hi Brenda what a cool Father's Day card
I love the striped paper with that black it just pops!
Hugs my friend

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love the striped paper showing through the black lettering. The stitching looks great!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

~ Jo ~ said...

Brenda I love this! I love the shaped card with those pretty stripes, so colorful!

Hugs,
Jo
xox