Sunday, January 15, 2023

Meet My New Friend.....

Hello crafty friends, I hope your week is going well thus far. I wanted to introduce you to my new friend. He took me a year and a half to make. What?!! Yes, you read that right. A friend of mine asked me to come and lets each make one. But then things happened in her life and it was quite a while before completing this cutie pie. Meet Snowy the Snowman. Isn't he cute?! I'm not good at sewing, so my friend had to walk me through the making of Snowy. She provided all the materials to make Snowy as well. All wool scraps from her fabric stash. She does a lot of sewing, quilting and such so she has a nice stash of materials. The only thing I bought was the trim on his coat and hat. I had the buttons for his eyes and mouth, everything else was the wool material. We had a great time making our snowmen, but we always have a great time when we get together. I am not used to her sewing machines, she has fancy ones and I just have a simple one....so it was challenging a few times for me.  But with her help, I got Snowy done and now he is keeping me company for the winter. I hope you love him as much as I do!  Thank you Leslie, I love Snowy and thank you for all your help with making him as well as giving me all the fabrics to make him!!!




Thank you for taking time from you busy day to stop by and visit me. I appreciate you doing that! If I haven't been by, I should be soon. 

Crafty hugs,






Card Recipe:




12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cutie Brenda - he's gorgeous!! Well done you at perservering :)
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

What a labor of love to make this adorable Snowy snowman! I just love all the details and cute outfit, hat, and fun little face! I'm sure you and your friend had a delightful time creating this cute little fellow! Well worth all the time spent too! Hugs and happy Monday!

Brenda in IN said...

He is adorable and toasty in his warm coat and scarf. I'm so glad you were able to finish him and share with us. It's always fun to craft with friends.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Brenda! He's as cute as he can be! What a wonderful project to complete with your friend - he was worth the wait!
=]

Bonnie said...

Oh, my, what a fun companion for the winter and he won't melt either! It's always more fun to do a project like this with a friend!

Sue - said...

Hi Brenda, he is absolutely gorgeous! What patience you must have had.xx

Loll said...

Snowy is adorable. Great work making him Brenda. I LOVE his felt hat and fabulous plaid coat. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Brenda, he is amazing with such rich and beautiful materials, love the braid too. What a piece of wonderful work. Well done, he is a treasure.
Faith x

Irish Cherokee said...

You certainly are full of surprises. Amazing! Nicely done. I can see why it took so long.

Hugs and Blessings

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my Goodness! Is this ever cute! And so well done! Love it.

I just recently realized that my step-sister collect snowmen. So now I'm trying to think of a project that I can make for her for next Christmas. You have really inspired me.

And Thank you so much for all the nice comments you have made on my blog.
I am so far behind in commenting and posting because of me being sick!
But I hope to catch up! Thanks again.

Maria said...

Oh, how cute is your snowman!! How sweet of your friend to help you with Snowy the Snowman...super cute!!

Liz said...

Snowy is just wonderful, well worth all the time and effort you put into making him. xx