Monday, May 23, 2022

Birthday Cards...Warning Picture Heavy

Hello my crafty friends, May is flying by already! At this rate, summer will be over before we know it. It already goes by way to fast. Our weather is still all over the place. Over the weekend, we were in the 90's and now.....back to the 60's. Lots of rain as well. You'd think it was April, not May. Mother Nature is so confused. lol Anyway, I hope you are having nice weather where you are at. 

I have some birthday cards to share. Been making some to add to the stash as it was getting low. I also wanted to play with the sliced circles that everyone is layering and adding to their cards, just for something different. I'm not sure what this design is called, concentric circles maybe?? Some I put sentiments on the outside and some I'm still thinking about whether I want an outside sentiment or just the inside sentiments. And I had another sympathy card go out...again.

Still trying to use up the cute papers I printed a few years ago! I am almost through them all.




This begins these halved circle cards. I didn't do this one the right way, but didn't want to waste the circles, so used them anyway. Still gives a cute look I thought. So you will see a few not done in the right way...if there is a right way.


I think I got the circles half way right with this one. lol 


This one I think I got these circles right...well almost anyway. It looks like they aren't aligned right, but in real life they aren't off this much! 


                                                                    Half right 


Again, half right with these circle, but till think it makes a cute card.


Last one done in this style. It is navy blue and gray. Made it for a guy who does Civil re-enacting. Even though he is "for" the North side, I used both the south and north colors. Kept it very simple since it was a masculine card. Hard to tell, but I did emboss the background with a subtle SU embossing folder.


                             Not crazy over this one, but it isn't real bad either. 


Lastly, my sympathy card. The people this card went to were very outdoorsy people, so thus why this design. I was pleased with how this one came out. 


           And the inside. I had cut a strip off my panel and used it on the inside of the card. 




Gosh, if you stuck with me this long.....a huge thank you!!!! As always, I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day and visiting a spell with me. I know everyone is super busy, nice weather makes one want to be outside and of course doing outside work. I'd rather be mowing that shoveling snow! Your comments always bring sunshine to my day and put pep in my step. If I haven't been by to see you, I hope to be soon! I had a fall from air freshener fall out on the floor, made my feet come out from under me, landing flat on my back. Been healing for over a week now and I am making progress thankfully. So again, I will be around, not sure I will catch up on every post you might have, but will do my best. This is the first time I've been able to have  my laptop in my lap and able to sit up and not in a reclined position. I am getting there slowly but surely! 


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Circle Dies-Spellbinders Nestiblities
My Creative Time - small butterflies, bee's and little flowers, squares dies
Not sure who makes the flower frames, if you know, let me know
Technique Tuesdays - for the side profile butterfly I think, not sure about the other butterfly but the "happy and birthday" went with that set as well
Simon Says Stamps - for the birthday greetings, it was a freebie set I think and has all birthday greetings in different fonts
Inkadinkado for the wild flower silhouette
Distress and Distress Oxide inks
AliExpress for the Sympathy stamp set
sequins and gems from my stash
SU white embossing powder
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Blending Brushes from Amazon






14 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have been busy, Brenda! I hadn't seen this technique with the circles. They are amazing! Glad you are healing. Don't overdo!

I Card Everyone said...

Flowers, bees, butterflies, and all sorts of ways to see circles in a different way - all so cool, Brenda!! They sure make you think 'how in the world did this start as circles?' You've cast a spell!
Love the colors you've blended for this sympathy card - and the sentiment? So beautiful!
Take good care, and take it easy, my friend!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WELL! firstly I have to say, what an accident prone lady you seem to be the last few months? I really hope you are getting there and it was good to hear that you can at least sit up now. As for your cards, they are absolutely GORGEOUS Brenda, I love the circles and the different colours you used, very clever, not sure I could do it? Love the little squares also, so pretty with the bee and butterfly topper. Your Sympathy card is beautiful, I love the colours and the gorgeous stamps. I also love that you cut a piece from the front for the insert, great thinking, I LOVE the insert verse, so moving and beautiful.
Now Lady, you be careful otherwise those lawns won't get done and you will be in a hayfield instead hahahaha. The weather here is the same, we went out today and the car registered the temperature from 12C (53f) to 17C (62f) in a matter of a 15 mile area. Crazy, oh! yes and sun and rain too.
Keep well and safe too
Faith x

Carol L said...

What a wonderful array of cards, and I love your versions of those half circle cards! They're unique and nothing but eye candy in the way you assembled each one! The butterflies are colorful and just gorgeous with each design too! The overlapping squares look great with those bees, butterflies, and flowers and I just LOVE the sympathy card, especially that wonderful sentiment inside! Great job on each and every one of these. I'm sorry to know you've had another fall, but I do hope you're taking it easy as your body heals. We are both getting too old for this stuff, so take good care of yourself from now on, ya hear? Be good to yourself - you've got a lotta living to do yet :) Big hugs

Nstiz said...

For someone flat on their back you sure are productive and your cards are SO creative! Never saw the half circle technique but love the colorful designs. The sympathy card is gorgeous and appears to be brayered. Perfect image for it too. Love the design with the tiny squares and die cuts. More power to you for building your stash.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful selection of cards Brenda, you have been busy. The sympathy one is beautiful and so appropriate for the recipients - they are all beautiful in their own special way - Love the grey masculine one - that is so dramatic!
Blessings
Maxine

Irish Cherokee said...

Good heavens you have been busy. All of these creations are beautiful. I can't pick just one. They are all special.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh my word we all seem to be in the wars lately.
Hope you didn't do too much damage and you are feeling A1 again.
Love all your wonderful cards they look amazing and such beautiful designs too.
Love all the elements used to create these.
Yes I agree the weather in the UK is similar all over the place sometimes it's warmer outside than inside which seems strange.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Sue - said...

Oh my goodness Brenda you have been busy. What a great selection of cards! Sorry to hear you’ve had a fall, do hope you are feeling better now. xx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous array of cards Brenda they are all absolutely stunning! Sorry to hear about your fall we can both be in pain together..me with my hip! lol hugs Sue x

JD/ Jill said...

Brenda, sorry to hear about your fall...Hope you are much better now.

You cards are all so lovely and creative. I have only done one of those but You have definitely inspired me to do some more. Yours are so creative...I love all the the designs you came up with with using the circles.

I've just heard that technique being called... Split circles technique, and any way you use them is right... I just love your ideas.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Am late, just found your email Brenda, I’m so far behind! Lovely lot of cards, and I’ve not seen those circles around mostly cos not looking at much, just get too busy these days, not enough hours etc. I actually found Pitt today I missed all of May on my blog so I’ll have lots when next share, too busy making cards to blog!
Also not been 100%..
That matters in doing things. Sorry you had a fall, too not sure what it was that made you fall as don’t use it here, thankfully..
Think the circle cards are most eye catching but so are others you’ve varied them all nicely.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Liz said...

Fabulous collection of cards, Brenda. I love all your variations using the circles. That is what so great about crafting, there is no right or wrong way, so all your designs are perfect. Hope you’ve recovered from your fall. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful cards! All of them! I like that split circle technique...I've done a couple of them myself. You have inspired me to do some more!