Saturday, January 25, 2020

Masculine Birthday Cards

Hello crafty friends, I had to make a birthday card for Bret, he turned 24 on Friday. So I made twofer's. Why not while I was cutting, might as well make two. All of the plaids are scraps, so I can go play at the Snippet's Playground. Yay!!!  Edited to add that Liz told me about Crafty Calendar Challenge is having a challenge with a tag on your card. So linking up with them as well. 

I decided to go a little different this time with Bret's birthday card. Usually I do a sports card for him, but this year I decided to do a flannel shirt card. lol Saw one on pinterest and so I CASed it. Didn't have any directions, but I just winged it with my cuts the best I could. I think they both turned out cute and make a great masculine card. The one collar is longer than the other one, that is because I was using scraps and just went with what I had. I think both look good, but think the shorter collar is my favorite. Added a tag to the pocket and called it done. Gave Bret one and tucked the other one in my stash. Trying to add to my stash of birthday cards! 




As always, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to stop by and visit me! I appreciate you all more than you know. If I haven't been by your blog in a while, I will be soon. Thanks for hanging in here with me and my sporadic postings and visiting. It won't always be like this, at least I hope not! lol 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Scraps of plaid papers from a Paper Studio's plaid paper pack from Hobby Lobby
Sentiment from My Creative Time stamps
Buttons from my stash, not sure where or who makes them but they are so cute
blue and black papers from my stash, again not sure where or who makes them


22 comments:

Liz said...

Two super masculine cards, Brenda. They look great using the plaid. Your cards would be perfect for the Crafty Calendar Challenge where the theme is 'Add a Tag'. xx

Brenda in IN said...

Look at you free handing a design! Way to go, Brenda. Both are such great male cards and I love the plaids you used. I know Bret will love this card. Tell him Happy Birthday.

Loll said...

LOVE these plaid shirts, Brenda! So perfect for masculine cards. And, of course, plaid is always fantastic. I bet Bret loved his card. Good idea to make two at the same time. xx

LesleyG said...

Love these Brenda, do love a bit of plaid too, great idea for the guys, and backed with card makes the shirts pop. Would be good to pop a gift card etc in too xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Brenda - so love how you have made the shirts, that's stunning! - the wee sentiment tag in the pocket is the perfect accent
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

How clever are these cards and I may have to CAS one for my stash as well! I just LOVE the simple and fun design with those little buttons and different plaids! Way to rock the snippets challenge with a great idea! Hope Bret had a happy birthday too - time flies doesn't it?

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda I love the plaid you chose for Bret! Gosh they are both terrific - from snippets? BTW the longer collar makes my brain say that is a blouse - perfect for a girl who loves plaid, too! xx
=]

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the scraps Brenda and what unique and fabulous cards. The plaid works so well as flannel shirts and how creative of you to design them with no instructions. Extra loving the shorter collar one, as it looks slightly trendier....As If I know what I am talking about.....LOL x

Bonnie said...

What a great idea, Brenda! Love both "shirts"! Putting this in my CASE file!

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh how clever is this. I will keep this notification to remind myself to do this for a masculine card. LOVE, love love this. Just so darned cute, Brenda!

Marilyn said...

Two great masculine cards! Love the plaid shirts!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Chris said...

What a great idea for a masculine card Brenda, your plaid shirts look fabulous, love the little tags in the pockets too.
Thanks for playing along at Crafty Calendar this month.
x

Tina Campbell said...

Oh my this is too cute Brenda :) I got a card to make this week too. Have a great day, hugs my friend, Tina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Brenda these are just perfect, what a great idea and love the check and the buttons. Super masculine cards.
Faith x

Anita in France said...

So clever, Brenda ... and wonderfully executed with brilliant detailing ... fabulous masculine designs! Bret must have loved his! Hugs, Anita :)

Di said...

Oh you clever sausage Brenda! I love both these cards - so effective and just perfect for a chap! The plaid is an additionally nice touch as well. One to remember for the future.

Crumbs, you surprised me that Brett is 24 now - how time flies.

Hugs

Di xx

Jules said...

These are brilliant Brenda .. .. what a fun way to use up your snippets.

Hope Brett had a great birthday. I bet he loved his card.

Love Jules xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are fabulous. I love the plaids.

Linby said...

They look great

Mary said...

Brenda, Perfect timing....I need to make cards for boys and men and I've not seen this card done before. Thank you for the inspiration I really needed it! I really, really like these two cards! Hugs, Mary

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness, Brenda. What fabulous cards. I bet Bret loved it!
Even the young teen girls are wearing the flannel shirts so this would be a great style of card for my grand daughter's next birthday!

Hope you are keeping well. We are doing good here.

jimlynn said...

HOW in the world did I ever miss this - what, four months ago???? EEK!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cards! Just saw where Carol cased them and I didn't know what she was talking about! Love these!
Lynn