Friday, February 8, 2019

It's A Party.....on paper!

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you all are having a wonderful TGIF! We enjoyed some warm weather this week after the Polar Vortex cold, melted all the snow but had rain too, so couldn't get the dogs out because the lawn is so soggy. Now the temps are dropping like a rock and the wind is howling. Such crazy, crazy weather. I had a little health scare this week, but it was my own crazy brain that made it worse than it was. I thought I was having liver issues because a friend said my eye whites looked yellow. Well they aren't, my liver is fine and it was all muscular skeleton from my RA and this crazy weather. Of course it doesn't help that I hold all my stress in my back, so doc tried really hard to crack my back. He got it a little bit, but to many years of holding stress doesn't make for an easy to back crack! Anyway, thanking the good Lord that all is well with my liver!

Trying to build my stash of birthday cards, but they seem to go out the door faster than I can keep a stash of them. I am trying to use some stamps that I don't use often this year, so got out these circle stamps and used. I love the rustic look of these dots, as I didn't try to get a great inked image. It just looks like a party on paper. lol I think these cards are fun and bright. I hope whoever gets them thinks so too! Did use some black snippets, so I'm off to play at the Snippets Playground. 

Supplies will be down in the recipe section as always. I also want to thank you for taking time out of your day to visit me. Your comments always bring so much sunshine to my life. I know I'm a bit behind in commenting, but will be around shortly, I promise.






 This is how I finished the insides of the cards, to match the outsides.



Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Simon Says - Lots of Dots Stamp set
Maymay Made It - Big Time Sayings Stamp set
Distress Oxide Inks
snippet black papers

17 comments:

Happy Dance said...

These are so festive, Brenda!! LOVE those circles and dots. They are happy, happy cards!! I have a feeling that when the recipient opens the envelope and see the card you've sent, it will bring a smile. Our weather has been just like yours except we've still got a bit of snow. The wind is howling like crazy today, but at least the sun is shining. Have a great weekend. Bev

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh I am so glad all is ok with your liver that is good news indeed.
Love all these wonderful cards and their super colours.
The designs looks so awesome and wonderfully created as always.
Thank you for all your kind words on my work it is much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad everything is okay with your liver, Brenda. Your cards are all so gorgeous!! I love the designs and the beautiful insides, too!! They're fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

I really like this simple and easy design, although I'm sure it took a lot longer to make than it appears! They're all great birthday cards to have on hand and I need to get back to some basic stamping like this again! So glad your health is good and it was just a scare! Whew! I'd love to get an adjustment again on my spine, but I'm afraid I'd break in 2 pieces these days! LOL Take care, more winter weather is on the way..........sigh. Spring will arrive soon and we'll probably be thrust into a sweltering summer shortly afterward, just like last year. have a great weekend!

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear you are OK! Love your cards with the circle backgrounds
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Bonnie said...

These dots are just the ticket for fun birthday cards, Brenda! And they fit for kids, teens and adults so they're perfect for the stash and I'm sure won't last long! I'm so glad you found out that your problems weren't your liver. What a relief! Now to get that back happy.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I am relieved and happy to hear your liver is in good shape, now for you to RELAX, you hear me? I'm barking orders! :) I agree about the crazy weather, we are having strong winds and rain, I could do with some sun right now.

Your cards are amazing, I love how you have done each one,, great colours and design and the inserts are fabulous too. Have a great weekend.
Faith
x

karen said...

I'm seeing SPOTS before my eyes!!!! Hope they're not "floaters," cause I don't need that eye problem. Having cataracts developing is enough. Ha Ha Stay warm, keep the dogs out of the mud, and feel better real soon.

Di said...

Phew - so glad the scare was just a scare! It's so true that we carry tension in our backs, apart from the slipped vertebrae which I just have to live with am sure that was a lot of my problem before the arrival of Dudley The Dude :) Ha, today I'm resting in bed with a nasty flare of gout - three years down the line from the first one. Sigh.

I adore your cards, brilliant designs and such wonderful colours as well. They still manage to look so fresh as well - love them Brenda!

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

Super fun & festive cards!

Anita in France said...

Those bright bubbles of colour are so fun and so celebratory, Brenda ... you're right, a party on a card (or cards!). Love how you took the fun to the inside too ... what a delicious finishing touch! Glad that was just a scare and not an issue with your liver ... thank the Lord. Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Sunshine on a card and so happy. Your fabulous cards will increase your stack of cards. So very sorry to hear you have felt unwell and yes stress is an awful thing x. Hope you are feeling better and hope the nasty 'Eric' storm has passed you ? x

mamawcindy said...

Your cards are so cute. So fun and love the colors. Glad your liver Is o.k. So sick of cold weather. We had rain storms last night. today rain, High winds and then to top it off It started snowing. Really looking forward to warmer weather. Happy Day to you.

cindys-greencricut

Darnell said...

Sorry you had to go through that scare, Brenda, but glad to hear you had it checked out and all is well with your liver! And sorry you are having back troubles from all the stress. Your birthday cards are fantastic! I can't believe you made all that DSP and didn't mess up the outsides or the insides!That takes a lot of concentration to know what stamp and what color ... wow! Great matted designs, too! Take care, sweetie! Hugs, Auntie

LesleyG said...

Love these Brenda! They certainly are a party on paper, I love your designs, you have a great eye for colour and design. Thanks for your kind words, hope you can relax after your scare. Backs are such a pain, literally. Xxx

Sue said...

Hi Brenda sorry I haven't been around much..stunning cards you have made they are really lovely take care lots of huggles Sue x

Gail said...

Lovely Birthday Cards Brenda! Keep on crafting - you are doing a great work here in your art!