Tuesday, October 16, 2018

October CAS Watercolour Reminder





Hello my crafty friends, I'm here with a reminder that we are half way through the October CAS Watercolour ChallengeDon't forget to tell them Happy Birthday as well! Their 2nd birthday to be exact!




 As usually the CAS Watercolour Team has lots of inspiration for you as well as the gallery of cards from those who are playing along. I hope you will come and play with us as it is a super fun challenge!


For my card, I used some Distress Inks to make a water color wash for my background in our challenge colors. I almost ditch it, but decided to try to go over them again and then I liked it better. Then I stamped my dandelion, little extra bits and the sentiment with Distress Oxide ink. I  then matted it onto some acorn brown paper, although you can't see the acorn pattern. lol I wanted the brown, so used it.It looks like it is on crooked, but in real life it isn't. I also splatter the brown ink on to my washed background. Mounted it to my card panel and called it done. Now, what will you make with orange, green and brown in watercolour?! You have until the 24th of October and you can link up 3 times! Make sure to come and link up with CAS Watercolour Challenge, it's such a fun place to play and Loll and Bonnie are amazing and welcoming women as is the Design Team! 



As always I thank you for taking the time to visit with me for a spell. Your comments always add rays of sunshine to my life! I will most certainly be by to visit you soon too. I want to take this time to thank Loll, Bonnie and the Design team for having me as Guest Designer this month!! It was so much fun! 

Crafty Hugs,





Card Recipe:
Distress inks: Ground Espresso, Carved Pumpkin and Twisted Citron
Distress Oxide: Walnut Stain
Gina K: Peaceful Roses Stamp Set for the sentiment-NBUS
Maymay Made It: Sorry Stamp Set for the dandelion

26 comments:

Loll said...

I'm glad you gave this a second look, Brenda. The card is beautiful! Love the colours of your washed background and the sweet dandelion image. I can just see a little of the acorn patterned paper in the framing. Adds a special touch. It's been wonderful having you as our Guest Designer this month at CAS Watercolour! Thank you so much! xx

Happy Dance said...

Oh this turned out beautifully, Brenda! The colors look amazing behind that sweet 'dandylion!' And I can just catch a peek of the acorns on the paper you've used here. It's a lovely card! And your brown spatters finish off your design perfectly! Great card. xo Bev

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Brenda!! The colors look amazing!! I love the beautiful dandelion!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda. I love the background you've created for the lovely image and sentiment. xx

Carol L said...

This is quite lovely Brenda! I love the 3 panels of colors with that great spattering technique, and those dandelions look wonderful! Great job with the technique!

Mac Mable said...

Love the water colouring of the background and the dandelion stamp is so pretty. Great splats and so glad you kept going as this is one beautiful CAS card x.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your background Brenda...what a perfect way to use the challenge colors!! And your dandelion and splatters look perfect against the background! Lovely, lovely card and just wonderful to have you guest designing with us this month!! :0)

Veerle said...

Super gorgeous card Brenda. Love it.
Hugs Veerle xx

I Card Everyone said...

I loved making a wish with these darling little Dandelion seed heads when I was a kid... heck, I'd do it now!
Your card is exquisite, Brenda … you have been such a wonderful guest! Now I need a swift kick in the pants to get a card made - truly a great group to celebrate! xx
=]

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background using these colors, Brenda, and I love the sweet dandelion with it's fluff floating off! Hope you made a wish and it comes true! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Watercolour team this month!

Tina Campbell said...

Lovely card Brenda, stay warm :) hugs my friend, Tina

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card Brenda....so happy you could be our GD this month.
xx Karen

Marilyn said...

Beautiful! Love the colors!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Brilliant card Brenda.
You're right in not stopping top soon with the blending.. its like that with most inky things you know. Folks quit too soon.. brayering is another. Jusr patience and a light hand too.
You really made a grand card.
Well done sis!!
Big congrats dear Guest Designer!! Woohoo!!
Prayer hugs
Shaz in Oz.x

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, how did I miss this one? It is so pretty Brenda. That is such a fun stamp with the little puffs flying off. Very sweet.

Anita in France said...

That's such a lovely watercolour wash background, Brenda ... so pleased you didn't ditch it, it's gorgeous behind the delicate, delightful dandelion. Love the splatters ... they add a fabulous sense of movement to those drifting seed heads! You've done Loll and Bonnie proud as their Guest Designer at CAS Watercolour this month! Hugs, Anita :)

Kristie Goulet said...

That watercolor washed background is stunning, Brenda! I love it behind the gorgeous dandelion heads. xoxo

MaryH said...

Congratulations on your GD assignment, and you've done it splendidly. This is such a pretty wash on the background, and the brown mat looks great with the browns in the stamping. Also great splats! TFS &Hugs

Susan said...

Thanks so much for joining us as our Guest Designer at CAS Watercolour! I love your card - a perfect way to use the challenge colours!

LesleyG said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, love the colour wash, Shazinoz is so right about light touch and persevering with inking, the splatters look great too. I find it so hard to photo "straight" , mine always look wonky! Xxx

Gail said...

Brenda - this is so fabulous! I love this watercolor! I need to do more watercolor - TFS wonderful work!

Gail said...

Such a stunning watercolor card Brenda - you did a wonderful work --- love it!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh the blending is fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a gorgeous card Brenda. I love the crisp stamping and the spatters are such a great finishing touch. Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous, Brenda. The water coloured background is beautiful and the stamping looks fab.

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Your card is gorgeous .. .. I love your colour choices .. .. such a beautiful background for your lovely image and sentiment!

Congratulations on being a guest designer. I can't believe the challenge is two years old already! Where is time going?!?!?

I hope all is well with you and you are coping OK.

Love Jules xx