Friday, September 14, 2018

Twofer Challenge-Leaves

Hello crafty friends, I know some of you are in the path of Hurricane Florence and I pray you are safe and sound. Let's pray for the ones who didn't evacuate and for the first responders as they try and rescue the ones who didn't leave. I'm praying for my family who lives 14 miles from Myrtle Beach in Conway. I've texted my cousin, but haven't heard back from her. Going to try and text another cousin and see if I hear from him as I know he has a generator cause we rode out Hurricane Charlie at his house. So please pray for those in the path of this hurricane!




Well I decided to try and join in on the Twofer Challenge which is leaves. Great prompt word as the leaves will start changing around here come Oct. Some are changing now the farther north you go. So here are my twofer's. Let's have a closer look shall we? I used some NBUS too. Am I the only one that has piles of NBUS for years?! I hope not!!



 This card is a simple card. I just stamped my leaves in different color inks and cut my panel down, added a brown snippet and glued her down. I think this sentiment is cute so I made this into an encouragement card.

 I used the Gina K Wreath Builder stencil to make this one. Using the same leave, I stamped it in two colors as I made my way around the wreath stencil. Then went back in and stamped the outline on top in gold embossing powder. I also put the gold around the panel as well as the sentiment. Splattered some brown splatters. Got a little busy, but I think I like it. Made this one a Thanksgiving card. 

Tilted to show the gold embossing.

Well that's it for me. If the pup behaves, I'd like to enter a few more challenge. Will see how that goes. lol As always my list of supplies will be down in the card recipe second below. We have had dreary days with some rain, so your comments actually bring me sunshine to my dreary days, for that I thank you! I will be around to visit you too, although I'm slow at times but will get there! The hurricane isn't to effect us until Monday into Tuesday with moderate to heavy rain. As if we need more rain! But it could be worse, so I'm trying not to complain to much. lol Have a wonderful weekend my crafty friends and please keep those in the Carolina's in your prayers.

PS: I did hear from my one cousin and they are riding out the storm. They have a generator so that is good. Not sure about my other cousins, aunts and uncle. Hopefully everyone is well but she asked for me to keep them in my prayers, which I will most certainly will!


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
SU-Gently Falling
Maymay Made It-Fall Stitched Up-NBUS
My Creative Time-Piles of Smiles
Inkadinkado-Kid Quotes-NBUS
SU Gold Embossing Powder
Gina K cube inks: Charcoal Brown, Prickly Pear, Tangerine Twist, Key Lime, Red Hot


21 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Two great cards Brenda! Your sentiment goes perfectly with your colorful leaves on your 1st card...love it! And your 2nd card is beautiful with all the gold embossing....so pretty! Don't you just love playing with the wreath builder stencils and stamps...I'm having a blast with them! Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind words on my blog!! 😊

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh my heart goes out to all who maybe caught up in the Hurricane.
I do so hope all are safe and sound and there is no lasting damage done to anyones property.

Love your twofer cards and their designs look so awesome.
The sentiments are so brilliant especially the first one what a clever young person to think of that.
Love the colour inks used for the leaves they look fantastic.

Lots of crafty love and gentle hugs from my house to yours and lets hope the Hurricane fizzles out a bit before you get it. Jenny L.

jimlynn said...

First of all, I'm keep your family in my prayers. Hope things turn out ok for them in that terrible weather and flooding.

I love both your cards! Very clever and so pretty!!
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

Sending prayers, love and hugs for your family and for you too x.
Both of your cards are beautiful.
The colours, the sentiment and the kraft card look fabulous on your first card.
What a creative and wonderufl wreath, second card. The gold bling looks amazing and the colours and splats are fabulous x.

Anita in France said...

That's such a sweet, encouraging sentiment on your first card, Brenda ... so wonderfully complemented by the cascade of colourful leaves alongside! Your wreath is so elegant with the gold embossing over those neutral colours ... the shimmer and shine is fantastic! Prayers that your family will all stay safe. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Carol L said...

OH wow! I try not to look at any of the Twofer entries so I can come up with something on my own, but I did use two-tone embossing on one of my cards! LOL Your golden wreath reminds me of what I made today. I'm still working on the 2nd card :) So glad you had time and felt well enough to make cards today and I hope those ribs are mending nicely! I'm saying prayers for everyone in the path of Florence. I have 2 friends who live very close to the coast in NC, so I too am praying for everyone's safety! Enjoy your weekend, I hear we're going to be graced with an appearance from the sun this weekend! I'm SO ready!! LOL

Cat Craig said...

Brenda, your first card and sentiment are a fabulous combination, so smart. Your second card is nicely elegant with the gold over embossing.

Veerle said...

Looks gorgeous Brenda, love the gold embossing.
Hugs Veerle xx

scrappymo! said...

These are both so lovely. I especially like the one with the uplifting sentiment.
I am making cards for a young friend who is grieving and is suffering depression as a result. I mail them reandomly to help her in her journey to recovery. I try to send cards with inspiring sentiments...this one is great.

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda - I love them both - embossing the gold outlines over the leaves in the second card is a wonderful technique, and I love the result
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

Your leaves are so pretty, Brenda, and the sentiments are wonderful! The layout of the first card is perfect for the pretty leaves and sentiment and the wreath is beautiful with all the gold!

I'm praying for your cousins and all those facing the flooding from Florence. We are so blessed in this area to have escaped the worst of the storm. Out of the devastation come acts of heroism and caring. That is uplifting.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Brenda! I have loved ones in Wilmington! I'm happy to keep yours in my prayers, too!
Now about that sentiment... I've loved it for years - in fact, I loved all of those little morsels from children that Hero Arts made into stamps years ago.
Okay, let's talk about these cards! Gorgeous! LOve the simple stamping with that saying... something childlike about it that makes it fit perfectly with Hannah's words. Then this glorious gold number - WOW it's a dazzler, my friend!
Stay high and dry, prepare for anything - and I hope Brett will be close at hand!
=]

Lisa said...

These are both so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the designs of each one!! The leaves look so amazing!! Praying for your family and I hope they stay safe. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet cards Brenda :) Prayers for your family. It's a bit dreary here for the weather, really need some sun and we'll be watching the track of what Florence does here. Maybe moving things out of the basement Sunday just for a precaution, we really don't need the rain. Stay safe my friend, Tina

MaryH said...

WOW! What a lovely way to use this pretty leaf set. And the sentiment on #1 is a perfect cheer-up or encouragement card that will brighten someone's day. Love the layout on this one. Your wreath looks wonderful! The embossing shows up so nicely, and what a great job you've done with the wreath builder (mine is still NBUS) With all that's going on, I'm proud of you that there was time and you felt well enough to do some stamping. Prayers for your SC family! Big hugs. MM

Darnell said...

I hope you've heard from other family by now, Brenda, and that they are all managing well. Prayers are continuing as this mother storm seems to want to stay around and move very slowly for days. I hope you don't get too much more rain next week. I know you are quite saturated (not to mention sick of it!)!

Your Twofer designs are amazing! I love that sediment and love that you featured it predominantly on your design, flanking it by your pretty colorful leaf panel! And your Thanksgiving wreath card is so rich and elegant in all that gold! It's stunning!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9! Hugs, Auntie

Brenda in IN said...

That sentiment on the first card is so sweet. I love the design of the card too. Your leaf wreath is so pretty and I like the soft colors you used. I hope your family is safe and that you've heard from them. Power and phone lines go down in those storms and it is so scary not to know. I'm hoping since you are in the craft room you are feeling much better. Take care, sweet friend.

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Brenda! The first card is sweet with the multi-coloured leaves and that awesome sentiment. This is sure to bring joy to whomever receives it!!

You are getting all artsy on us with your second card!! LOVE that gorgeous leaf wreath with the different colours. The heat embossed gold outline is beautiful. And I love how you've also heat embossed all the edges. Amazing card, my friend! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

So happy you heard from your cousin and that they are OK for now. Hopefully your other cousin in Conway is OK. Sending prayers to everyone effected. xx

Kara Lynne said...

Your panel of leaves is so fitting for that fun sentiment! The leaves certainly will paint themselves a new color this fall! I love the gold embossed wreath of leaves, and that acorn in the center is wonderful! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Susanne Vargas said...

No, you are not the only one having piles of NBUS for years. I have stuff in my NBUS boxes (yes, plural) that has been patiently waiting for it's moment for literally years! Crazy! But at least I know now that I am not alone, lol!
What you did with your leaves is wonderful! The colorful leaves paired with that lovely sentiment (that I adore) make a fantastic encouragement card! And your wreath with the golden outlines and the spatters looks fantastic! Love how you embossed the edges of the panel!
Great to see you in the Twofer gallery!

Liz said...

I hope by now that you've managed to contact all your relatives and that everyone is safe and well.

Two super cards for the Twofer Challenge. The designs are lovely and I especially love the sentiment on your first card. Oh.... I'm guilty of have a pile of NBUS things too! xx