Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tree Twofer Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, hope you are having a beautiful, sunshiny day! It is nice and sunny here today with balmy temps of 77 degrees. So lovely. Still soggy though, but slowly we are drying out. Then it will be back on the mower once again. lol

I wanted to participate in the Twofer Challenge, but really didn't know if I was clever enough to come up with any clever ideas for the tree challenge. What I had thought of, which was to use a tree and make a snowflake, someone already did. So to Pinterest I went. So I grabbed the SU Thoughtful Branches stamp set, a NBUS for me, one that I got at the SU Yard Sale last summer and got to work. As always, the recipes for what I used will be at the bottom of my post.





Here is a look at my twofer's

My Christmas Card. My one tree is decorated for Christmas. There is some sparkle on the snow drifts and snowflake using the Nuvo Sparkle Pen.  I should have gold embossed the sentiment but for some reason I didn't! 

Inside

My flower card using my tree top. I didn't get the leaves on like I wanted because I forgot to do them and then had to add them in. Should have left well enough alone!

Inside




As always, I want to thank you for stopping by and visiting with me a spell. I will be around to visit you too! Thank you for your kind comments as they always bring so much sunshine to my world. 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

flower card:
SU Thoughtful Branches for my "trees"-flowers NBUS
My Creative Time-Mini Butterfly Dies NBUS
My Creative Time-Build a Pretty Flower-for my "flower" stems
SU Love and Sympathy-for my inside sentiments
SU Peaceful Wreath-the bow NBUS
Altenew inks-Frayed Leaf, Coral Berry, Sand Dunes
My Mind's Eye-Miss Caroline Paper Pack
EK Success (I think) Scallop Scallop punch

Christmas Card:
SU Thought Branches-Trees
AliExpress Snowflake Dies NBUS
Avery Elle-Winter Wreath-inside sentiment
SU Wonderland-outside sentiment NBUS
Altenew inks-Fired Brick, Expresso
Versa-mark ink
WOW White Pearl Embossing Powder
SU Gold Embossing Powder
DCWV-metallic blue paper
Nuvo sparkle pen on the snow and snowflakes

22 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW!!!! Brenda, I'm super impressed and just love, love, LOVE both of these! They're beautiful and so creative. LOVE!!!

Lynn

Lisa said...

Brenda, they are both so stunning!! I love how you've used the tree tops!! Both cards are so gorgeous, my friend!! I love them!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

Before I forget, great job using all that NBUS, Brenda! You did a fantastic job of coming up with an unconventional way to use your tree top stamp! (Remember in future months, however, that we welcome prompts used in conventional ways: trees as trees, for instance, so don't ever not play because you can't think of something unconventional!)

Both your Christmas card and your sympathy card evoke a wonderful feeling of peace. I love the snowflake embellie on one and the sweet butterflies on the other! And I think the stems of your "lilac" bouquet look absolutely fine! Very, very clever! I love the border and the insides of both, too!

Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #6! Glad to hear the sun is slowly drying things out! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two lovely cards Brenda. Your Christmas trees are so pretty. Great work with adding the snowdrifts. And so clever to use the tree topper to create your beautiful bouquet of lilacs! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, I'll be honest when I say I couldn't imagine that you'd used the same stamp set - but that's how wonderfully clever your twofer is! and so very cute, too! Being a woman of words, I really love your inside sentiments, my friend.

I hope you have another balmy day today! 77 is perfect isn't it? xx
=]

Bonnie said...

I think the sentiment on the first card is just perfect! Love the black and white with a little pop of red! The snowflake in the corner is a nice touch! And your flowers look beautiful! Such a clever way to use this stamp!

Sylvia said...

2 Beautiful cards,Brenda.Inside and outside.Love the sentiments too.
Enjoy your weekend.

Gr,Sylvia.

BożenA said...

You brilliantly used the stamps set with trees. I would not think to create a beautiful pukeita of flowers. Such a creative approach to challenge and so amazing two cards!
Hugs,
BożenA

Carol L said...

Good job on the Twofer Brenda! These cards are so unique and clever in the way you used the same tree for both cards! I find this is the most difficult challenge I've ever done and requires lots of thought before I can even sit down to create something! The Christmas and Sympathy cards are both wonderful and have great sentiments inside too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WELL!! These are amazing, clever and BEAUTIFUL. love your bouquet and the trees, such clever thinking. Way over my head LOL.
Faith
x
PS I can't find your email, can you remember mine?

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Susanne Vargas said...

Wonderful Twofers, Brenda! Your wintry card looks perfectly serene with the shimmery snowdrifts and the festive tree! And to use the treetops to create these pretty flowers is very clever!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

MaryH said...

Great job on entering the 2fer. Hope I can, but haven't yet. Very clever to use the trees as you did for the pretty flowers. Now that is brilliant, and what a good job you did on both the cards. Darnell ( and I too) will be so proud of you. Good to see you blogging again. Take care, have a great wkend, and TFS - hugs too! MM

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda I love the way you have used the tree stamp - very innovative and lovely to look at.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Love the creative way you used the tree stamp in both of your cards. The Christmas one is so contemporary and beautiful CAS. The flower card is so clever and so pretty. Wonderful cards, both of them x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

What a clever little Vegemite you are dear Brenda, well done!! Wonderful indeed. Two very different uses for the one stamp.
You nailed it!
God bless dear sis. Must share another post, struggle to get everything done, but our sweet LORD knows all this and He gets it. Understand like no one else does.
Ginormous prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

Brenda in IN said...

Brenda, these are awesome! You created two great cards that I would never have dreamed you used the same stamp for. The trees were perfect for a Christmas card and the berries you added are so clever. Your flowers are so pretty and the bow added a fun touch. Good job, my friend.

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant twosome, Brenda! Love the soft serenity of the Christmas card with the one tree all decorated for the season ... the sentiment is perfect as it is ... no gold needed IMHO! Those delicate blooms are charming ... light, airy and deliciously dreamy! You've done a super job taking your designs to the inside of the cards ... they're lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Brenda...very creative use of the stamps...impressive indeed. I really struggle with the twofer Challenge theme ...you have inspired me to put on my thinking cap!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

DIANA L. said...

Brenda, both your cards are wonderful. Love the Cas look.Such completely different looks on both, have a wonderful day my friend.

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards, Brenda. I love how you've used the tree tops, a really clever idea. x

Brenda said...

Testing to see if comments were fixed.