Thursday, November 16, 2017

Personalized Sweet 16 Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends, can you believe I'm back for another post in November?!! Lots going on like with all of you as tis the seasons, so keeping busy. My SIL asked me to make cards for my nephew as he has some birthday parties coming up he wanted to attend. She was a little surprised that he wanted to go to two sweet 16 parties but so happy about it. So since they love my cards I make them, I was asked to make these for him.

I used my Cricut Explore and the print and cut feature. So I designed my cards in Design Studio and then did the print and cut, cutting some features separately so I could layer some. Hope the girls like their cards! 

As always the recipe will be below. And  I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. As always your comments mean the world to me. Keep warm where ever you are and if I don't get back in here, have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Bret and I will be spending it with my brother and SIL and nephews.



For this card, I used a license plate from a Nit Wit Collection called Country Lane. It was a plain one, so then I used fonts from my computer to make all the writing and the "stickers". I thought it turned out pretty cute. The balloon paper in the background is a print from the patterns in the design space.

 The inside

 Same with this one, the car came from my Cricut Access, type out my sentiment and printed and cut it all out. I printed and cut two of the cars so I could stack them with pop dots for dimension. The car is a light pink. Took the same license's plate from Country Lane and made it little with Sweet 16 on it. Again, the background paper is from Cricut Access. Thought this one turned out pretty cute too! 

 The inside








Card Recipe:
card 1:
license plate - Nit Wit Collection Country Lane
fonts - Cricut Sans and Airlines
balloon paper -  Snapshot Everyday Imagine Cartridge
inside stamp - SU Balloon Bash

card 2:
car - Nifty Fifties Cricut Cartridge
license plate - Nit Wit Collections Country Lane
fonts - Cricut Sans and Airlines
pink hex paper -  Yummy Imagine Cartridge
inside stamp - SU Balloon Bash


17 comments:

Bonnie said...

These cards are so clever and perfect for a sweet 16, Brenda!

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda I love them both ... such clever designs, cute sentiments [#you're welcome? priceless!] LOve the pink car!!! with the winking steering wheel!
Happy Thanksgiving to YOU, my friend!
=]

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, they both are so absolutely adorable!! I love the designs of each one!! I know the girls will adore these!! You did such a beautiful job with them, my friend!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

What a cute pair of cards for sweet 16! I love the reference to clearing the road, and I imagine that will bring lots of chuckles and comments at the party! LOL Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm so glad you're spending it with family! Enjoy!

Veerle said...

Your cards look great Brenda.
Hugs Veerle x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Two gorgeous cards dear Brenda wonderful to see your creations, not having a Crichton it’s great to see you using one so very very well, you clever vegemite.
Hugs and prayers, Shaz in Oz.x ps happy thanksgiving too, never quite sure what date it is though! 😊

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute cards Brenda :) Have a fantastic holiday :) Hugs my friend, Tina

Anonymous said...

these are all so fabulous brenda! so pretty and cheery and i'm sure they'll be treasured!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Brenda, both of them ... sweet and feminine ... I'm guessing (tee hee) that kids can drive at age 16 there (here it's 18). Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Anita :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Sorry I'm so late commenting Brenda my friend! These personalised cards are just adorable! LOVE hybrid cards! Great job! Have a lovely day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Karen Petitt said...

Lovely cards huni, big apologies for my lack of visits too. Glad to see you are healing from those ribs and out and about a bit too sweet lady. I'm guessing that the young teenage boy might just be getting interested in girls lol?! If not then it must be cake and candy love which is my downfall.

Thank you for the lovely comment about that card, it really didn't turn out anything like I planned but it was fun to relax and just let my brain create what it wanted too. Okay Brenda the die is from Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas range. It's not available to purchase on their UK site as I think it's a couple of years old now. You might be lucky to find it on their US site or possibly Ebay USA. I couldn't do Christmas cards without it now, I adore the beautiful font and the size is perfect too lol!
It's funny I've been trying to get one of their other Signature ranges for a different designer which is the flowers and leave stamps that I used on that card too. I just love Leonie's stamps and dies along with Sara's too, they have a great fresh look to them. Have a lovely week honey, big hugs Karen xx

Darnell said...

Hi, Brenda! Sorry I'm so late coming by! I was halfway here and the car had a flat and then when the nice man who stopped was just about finished with changing it, the jack fell and it so startled the man he toppled over backwards and rolled into the ditch (you know that spot on Smoketown Road), which, of course, was full of murky water after the rains from a few days ago. Well, I felt so bad that I took him back to town and Tom over at the gas station lent him some overalls so I could take his things to the laundromat for a wash and dry. Anyway, it's all good now and here I am!

Your cards are excellent! They are just perfect for young people and you are a whiz with that machine!! You are also a whiz at making camouflaged cards! I received my Thanksgiving card today from you and I LOVE it so much! The word "grateful" is perfect among the pretty fall leaves!! You are a blessing! Love and hugs, Auntie

Marlena M. said...

Love love love these darling creations Brenda!!! So great to see you posting your work~

MaryH said...

Each one is so cleverly done, perfect for a 16th birthday, as that one is definitely all about the drivers license. I like the way you've used some of the same elements, fit them to size and to the design you selected for each of the cards too. In your hands, that Cricut is a powerful tool. Also love the pink car, the dream of most 16 yr old girls. The personalization on each card was terrific. TFS & Big hugs. MM

scrappymo! said...

Awww...this card is so sweet. Ohto be 16 again. What a wonderful age!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Brenda, these cards are just perfect for teenagers. You are so creative. I'm glad you and Bret spent Thanksgiving with family.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! these are FABULOUS, I suspect the teen was thrilled with them too.
Faith
x