Saturday, March 25, 2017

May You Weather This Storm

Hello my crafty peeps! I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit or even posting. Life has been a bit busy as I have been volunteering some, getting together with friends, shoveling snow, elderly sitting and many other things as well. So I'm way behind! Of course not getting my notifications either still. Some are coming in now and I am very happy about that!!! Because out of sight is out of mind for me-sad but true. It's been two weeks since I've posted!!!! OMGosh, where does time go??? 

Anyway, I am Guest Designer over at the Snippet's Playground, how exciting is that?!!! Thank you Di for having me today!! I hope I do not disappoint. So to play at the playground all you have to do is use snippets (scraps) on your project and it doesn't have to be a paper project either! I have a few people I'm trying to encourage as they are going through very hard times with their health, so my card is an encouragement card. I used a window die and made the front of my card look like the inside of a room. Or at least I hope it does! I die cut the window into the card base, using all snippets, I put "wallpaper" above and below the "chair rail" and for my curtains. I stamped and colored two potted plants as well for the front of the card. I also have acetate in the window. That was a snippet too! Then I proceeded to stamp my scene inside my card base. I colored with my Zig Clean Color Markers, images were small so not much shading I'm afraid. But I still like the way it turned out. After I got my inside scene and sentiment done, I worked on the other side of the window-the outside part that will be seen from the inside. Clear as mud???? I embossed a brick pattern on another snippet after I cut the window out. Stamped and colored my flowers for the window box you can't see. And that is it! A simple to make card but busy one! lol 


The inside scene that you see through the window

Inside the card, but the outside of the window- confused yet??

Savannah saying we are out of here! lol Recipe at the bottom of this post As always I appreciate you stopping by and visiting with me a spell and I promise I will be around soon to visit you too!!!!



Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Window, flowers-My Creative Time
Sentiments, rain, clouds, girl-Hero Art's Feb. kit

25 comments:

Lisa said...

So gorgeous!! I love the design and the details you added!! Congrats on your guest design spot!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, What a super card and plenty of snippety bits too, love the window die and the stunning scenes you created with it. Thank you for the inspiration... have a wonderful week... Megan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card with a beautiful message and a lovely dog to boot! Love your card and design.
Faith
x

Marilyn said...

OMG!! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the window scene!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card and perfect for this upcoming week with all the rain in the forecast for our area (LOL) So glad to see spring coming though :) You have fun volunteering and Savannah looks like she's all grown up :) Have a great week my friend, Hugs to you, Tina

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot Brenda!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! So many little details and it's just darling - inside and out!
Savanna grows a foot bigger every time I see her! She's a beautiful dog.
Lynn

Veerle said...

Looks awesome Brenda. Hugs Veerle xx

Jane said...

This is so pretty Brenda thanks for all you hard work over at Pixie's. I do love your dog too... we are dog sitting our son's dog Bear...he is cross Alsatian/Belgian Melinois so a BIG dog too! Hugs xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
congrats on you GD for the Snippets Playground.
Oh my word this card is gorgeous, and what a very great idea the window scene.
Super fab espcially knowing it's made with snippets too.
Love everything about this card.
I know doesn't time seem to fly when you are not blogging or have time off from it.
Hope all is well with you,
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your being a guest designer! a beautiful card with such attention to detail!! and a beautiful dog too.

Kathleen said...

Love your card Brenda, great choice of colours and images, love that pink flower paper.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

WOW! How nice that you are Guest Designer at the Playground this week, Brenda! And what a wonderful card! Love the inside, outside and inside of the outside, LOL! A very uplifting card that is bound to make your friend feel better! I hope so, anyway.

Carol L said...

COngrats on your guest DT spot! I love the inside/outside detail work of this card, and it's just brilliant how you put it together! Straight out of the DT gate, you've topped yourself!! Great creation! Have a great week ahead too!

Marlena M. said...

What a darling scene Brenda! Love the potted plants in the corner~

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Simply BRILLIANT, dear friend, how inspired you were to make this card for your GDT position... big congrats of course. Well deserved.
I'm delighted you were chosen well done.
Love the design and layout using inside and outside your sweet little dwelling you've created, would cheer anyone's heart.

Big hugs from summery Downunder, still quite summery though winter should be here.

Thanks for popping over, and that swimming hole was where Robin and I went swimming, twice whilst she was here.
Isn't it awesome!??? Have pickie of her swimming it, or actually floating...on FB maybe her page or mine can't remember.
Your Sanvannah is very cute... and handsome.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Darnell said...

Thank you for guest designing for Di, Brenda, so she doesn't have to work so hard for us! You are a dear! I first saw your card at the Playground yesterday and I had to go to bed and get my jaw relocated before I could come see it here and comment. It is, bar none, the most incredible window card I have ever seen!! What amazing attention to detail! Enjoy your day and your busy-in-a-good-way life! We all understand!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your Guest Design spot, Brenda ... you've done Di and all the players so proud with your wonderful window scene! What a brilliant idea to have both the sweetly decorated inside and well tended outside of the house to admire, they're fantastic ... and the double sentiment is fabulous with that sweetly coloured cutie! The recipient will be thrilled to have this little masterpiece ... I'm certain it will lift spirits! Hugs, Anita :)

Di said...

It's only me to add another big thank you Brenda for your wonderful GD card! It's a huge hit!! And quite rightly so as well.

Hugs

Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda this is gorgeous - love the window technique and the way you have used it.
Blessings
Maxine

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a lovely card Brenda with a gorgeous sentiment! Congrats on your guest designer spot! April xx

MaryH said...

What an excellent card for your GD spot! Love how you have shown such encouragement with all the pretties, and I love that you're inside the room looking out. Lovely to add the plant details too. It's bright & cheery, and just all round, clever design. YAY for you! Miss will love it I'm thinking! TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

Oops, forgot to compliment Miss S. She is looking mighty pretty too, and I can see who is the boss at YOUR house! Hugs

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Brenda, saw this at the Playground and had to pop over and say congrats on your GDT position with the lovely Miss Pixie.
This is a really beautiful card huni, I love that you can see through it and when you open it you see the pretty girl in the rain, love that! Missy Savannah has gotten big too, so pretty and lovely fluffy fur too.
I also had to pop over and say thank you my lovely precious friend, your comment really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.
I drive my family and husband nuts with putting myself down, I've never felt that confident and as some things were said to me when I was younger by art professionals knocked the stuffing out of me and I've never felt good enough at art or crafts. So there you know. I am stupidly damaged because of that but I promise you I am trying harder to believe in myself and I am better than I was, not putting myself down so much lol. Thank you sweetheart, you made me feel so much better and your words touched my heart big time xx

Sharon said...

Oh my stars!!!! Your card is most breathtaking!!! I so love the whole scene!! The inside of the room, the outside of the window and then the outside scene!!!! Awesomeness for sure!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning, my little friend! I've finally come by, after 2 months of not hopping around the blogosphere! I'm slowly getting back to the swing of things!
I've chosen this post as my favorite card of all I've missed [all beautiful, and totally clever btw] because it speaks to my heart ... in a most perfect way. Stunning!
Secondly... that gorgeous Savannah! OH I do love her, and every German Shepherd I meet!
Take care, Brenda ... I've missed you!
xx