Hello crafty friends, I'm back for an update. Had to take hubby to the ER because his fever got to 104. Kinda' freaked me out!! But with all the testing they did and what was done earlier in the week, everything came back perfectly normal. No gall tones or badder trouble or anything. It's a double edge sword, because I didn't want anything to be wrong that needed surgery, but was kinda' hoping they found an infection somewhere that they could just treat with antibiotics to make these fevers go away so hubby could go down to Hopkins. But that isn't the case, they have decided that it is the tumors causing the pain he is having and the fevers, so they want to get started on treatments ASAP. I was prepared to beg this morning to get them to start a treatment this week, but I didn't have to, thank the good Lord for that. Treatments start tomorrow morning at 8:40 am. It will take 3 consecutive weeks to get his full treatment plan into effect because of the paper work and such as he will be wearing a pump for 48 hours after treatment again. I just pray that the treatment at a lower dose this time around works and the side effects stay low. This was hubby's first treatment when we started on this journey but at a higher dose, but the side effects got to back and doc had to take him off it. The side effects are: cold sensitivity-has to drink warmed water, can't touch anything cold or it gives extreme pain, thankfully it isn't winter this go around! He couldn't even breathe in cold air as it would cause his throat to close up on him or I should say gave the sensation of it. He feet and fingers went number, so it got so he was falling a lot and couldn't button buttons and that is when doc pulled him off. It was the only treatment that worked on the tumors though. It shrunk the largest tumor by over half and the smaller tumors disappeared. So now I need it to work again with minor side effects so he can stay on it. Once or if the tumors are knocked back then the fever will leave too. So I'm still asking for prayers that this time around the treatment will work and not give him the side effects of the neropathy (sp) because that is what will cause them to pull him off this treatment. This treatment plan was the doctor from Hopkins backup plan in case the study didn't work. I wish we could have tried the study first, but God had other plans. So we will go with His plan and then if it all works out and the fevers leave, hubby will be able to wait the 28 days after getting off treatment and go down to do the study.
Then on top of all that going on this weekend, my mother passed away Saturday late afternoon and I have the viewing and funeral stuff this week too. So I'm a bit scatterbrained to say the least. I didn't have a relationship with my mother, she chose alcohol over her family and was very abusive, so I had to make the choice to walk away from all of that in my 30's. Tried to go back a few times hoping that things had changed but they hadn't. My step-father said that she was still drinking heavily when he found her slumped over, he thought at first she just passed out cause she did that all the time. I guess she would drink herself to were she would just pass out. So even though I didn't have a relationship with my mother, she was still my mother and I want to go to the views and funeral and to support my step-father. He was an abused husband as my mother was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. But I hope she is at peace now and not having to fight all the demons she was fighting. Sad it turned out this way but it was her choice, not mine. She gave me no choice but to walk away. So please keep hubby and myself in your prayers. I need prayers to keep my sanity through all this. Thank you for reading this long post and if you stuck with me this far, I'm happy. If you didn't I totally understand. And most of all thank you for all of your support and prayers, I really believe that your prayers is what is keeping hubby's "numbers" looking very good and healthy. Crafty hugs, Brenda