Friday, July 26, 2013

Disney Fun!-SOUS Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, can you believe how fast July is going?!! It's only about a month before school starts! My last year as a mom to a High School kid. sniff,sniff But it will be fun and exciting to see my baby move on to his next phase of school, college! Well enough about that lets get to a new SOUS die cut challenge-our theme was Disney!!! I love the Disney characters and although we have been to Disney just one time, we really didn't do the theme parks much at all because of my health reasons. What we did see was amazing and I'm so glad that I got to have that experience. I also think any Disney character can be use most anytime on a lot of things. Especially for children. I have a grandson who will be turning 2 in August so I decided to recycle a Bath and Body Works bag into a gift bag for his birthday gifts.  Here is what the bag looked like before I decorated it, I thought the blue checks would be great for a boy:



I first started by covering up the pink B&BW sign with paper from DCWV Celebrations Stack. Using Art Philosophy from CTMH I cut out the background starburst shape using DCWV Celebrations Stack. Then I cut the head shot of Mickey out using Mickey & Friends Cricut cartridge. I pop dotted him up on the starburst shape. I am thinking of adding "happy birthday" to the bag as well, but wanted to just "look" at the bag for a while to decide if I really wanted it or not. lol Added a ribbon bow and that is it, simple and easy peasy! Make a great gift bag and I get to recycle the bags that come into the house. 



Please go check out what Disney inspiration my design team sisters have over at SOUS, I will certainly be inspired!! Then make a Disney theme project of your own using any die cut machine or dies that you want and link up with us. We love when you get crafty with us!!

4 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable! Great way to recycle~ Carri~Abusybee

The Queen (Laura) said...

I'm with you, July is going way too fast! My princess and I started buying a ton of school clothes today! This is so adorable! Gotta love Mickey! He looks great on the bag. Love the paper you've used for the burst. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

~ Jo ~ said...

OMG! This is beautiful!! I just love how you took a gift bag from a retail store and jazzed it up to fit your grandson's birthday gifts in! This is awesome! I love the papers you chose and that Mickey is soooo cool! I just LOVE IT! Great job my friend!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Mayras Designs said...

What a great idea !! Love how it turned out !!

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/