Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Believe

Hello my friends!  Brenda here and breast cancer awareness is our theme at Sweet Sassy Diva.  I really don't have a tutorial for you, but I do have one you can watch from someone else. lol  I saw this tutorial and thought was a great idea for using up some scraps.  We all have them right?!  Some of us more than we need.  Not mentioning any names or anything. lol  Ok it's me!!!  I swear I use my scraps all the time so why is it that they feel like they are mulitplying?  Anyway my card uses the Cricut cart Calligraphy for the heart.  I used my Gypsy and hide the outline line of the heart to get just the inside heart and then hide the inside line to get just the outside of the heart.  Kinda like my shadow because this didn't have a shadow. I also welded the support ribbon from Stand and Salute to the inside heart and just placed a pale pink piece of card stock behind the opening and using some clear crystal I outline my support ribbon.  My believe came from My Pink Stamper set of stamps. I also place 5 pearls on the left top and lower right sides of the card.  Of course I used all scraps for this card except for the base, but still have a ton of scraps left.  I just hand wrote the inside sentiment and used a Martha Steward punch for the heart border.  I think that about covers it.  You can see the tutorial on how to make the background design with paper scraps here.  Thanks for looking!



6 comments:

Annette said...

Another great card Miss Brenda. Really good way to use scraps!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda this is so cool. I love the background and what a great idea to use scraps. Reminds me of Iris folding. Definitely trying this. Your card is so stunning! You go girl!

TerriK said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. Cool idea with the scraps. Thanks for the link.

Julie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Great job!! ~ Hugs, Julie

MaryH said...

Awesome card. Love the log cabin background. Combining two favorite things,,,quilting, stamping. This is a lovely card, outside & the inside too! Thanks for sharing. This cricut stuff you do is amazing!

The Queen (Laura) said...

Awesome card my friend! I love how you've used all the different papers. Great colors. Love the bling. Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura