Thursday, September 8, 2011

Diamond Fold Card



Hi Crafty Friends!  Hope it is better where you are at than here.  We have major flooding with 150 roads closed in our valley.  Worse they have seen in 25 years, some deaths too because of the flooding.  62 1/2 feet is expected to crest in our Capital of Harrisburg and they are ordering some evacuations in some areas.  Son #5 college has been closed, Son #6 high school closed, we have no water in the house but plenty of water outside!! LOL  So I can't do anything in the house, so I guess I will piddle in my craft room soon.

I made this card while hubby was trying to fix our well pump last night.  I have seen these cards around and never made one.  Well since they were so simple to make, I decided to give it a try.  I didn't get my little girl stamp quite right on my paper. I thought she needed to be more on a diagonal and she didn't. Oh well, decided not to do her over and just let her go.  I colored her with my colored pencils and blended with a prisma marker because I can't seem to find a blending prisma pencil.  The "peace" sentiment is from MPS Christmas set from last year.  I also used some stickles.  To make a diamond fold card you will need a piece of card stock 4" x 12".  You will score @ 2", 4", 8" and 10".  Make a pencil mark at the 6" score line at the top and bottom of your card stock.  Line that mark up with a score line and line up 2" score line with the same score line and make a diagonal score, you will need to do this with the 6" mark and the 10" score line as well.  Then turn the card so that the bottom is on top and score the same way again.  You will have two X's in the middle of the card with a side flap on each end of the card.  Clear as mud right?!! The diamond in the middle of the X's is the middle of your card.  You can find a tutorial on how to make this card at Creations with Christina's blog here:
http://www.creationswithchristina.com/2011/09/cwc-9611-diamond-fold-card.html
These are cute and unusual little cards.  I hope you will give it a try too!!

2 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This card is so cute and I definitely need to try one. I love the papers you chose and that cute little stamp. Still reminds me of the Campbell soup kids. Great coloring!

The Queen (Laura) said...

So cute Brenda! I had made one of these last year but forgot to take a picture of it! lol Now I think I'll have to make another. Great job!